Poor performance

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Spectrum, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Spectrum New Member

Test server is giving me some real headaches tonight. The last time this happened was after the Erolissi day patch. My character does not appear, nor do any NPCs. Everything is extremely laggy. Even posting to general chat is an exercise in patience. I'm not sure if a supplemental patch cured the problem last time or my reloading THE ENTIRE GAME. I'm definitely not willing to re-download the entire game again. Live is fine. It is just test giving me this problem. I'm using an ATI graphics card and have Windows 7 64 bit. I do not believe that either of these factor into the issue.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE :eek:

I am having everything he said, I can run balanced with 60fps. so...

EDIT: tried full install, that worked.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Anytime you run into invisible characters on character select, everything will lag, crash, etc., all NPCs will be invisible, etc. Something in today's mystery patch (no notes up) seems to have done it. I logged off the moment I saw my characters were invisible, validated game assets and then did the dreaded "full download" option (which wasn't a full, full download, only the stuff that changed from the last time I used the option when this issue happened in January.)

Here's one of the threads from it back then. https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/bug-issue-with-entities.556865/

It has happened more than once with a new patch, and we saw it happen after a bad patch in AoM beta as well, but we never really got an answer as to what was wrong.

All I can suggest from the tester end is to try again and hope for the best - but don't bother even trying to log in the rest of the way if your characters are invisible on character select.
  4. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Thanks.

Also, the Full Download is only at 14%. YAY...
  5. Spectrum New Member

Did a "Validate Game Assets" and it did no good. Nothing new downloaded and still having the same problem. This is something they are doing when patching test server. My ISP has a limit on how much you can download and with kids that love to watch Netflix, this is a problem. Re-downloading 18,000 MB of data per month means something to me.