PoI: Parts Not Required Duo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Conifur, Dec 1, 2017.

1. SteveB Active Member

He announces the movement in chat
  2. SteveB Active Member

Sadly true, I actually still try to do he weekly in the hope for an orange adornment... sadly without any luck yet.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

This zone should have been named "Batteries Not Included".

You dispel the buff. You can now use batteries for that so be sure to gather extras. They show up in inventory as yellow cannisters.

I start the zone by running up and pulling trash from above to the alcove below- then click the name until I'm out of batteries and run to the far end of the corridor and kill more trash, run back and click the name again with those batteries.

I have dispel so I haven't needed extras- if I did I would just stand in front of a sweeper until "cleanup" summoned more trash to farm.
  4. Drackore Member

I gave up on duos. Rewards vs time investment just aren't worth it.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  5. Steelviper Active Member

They're basically glorified Solo zones, with entirely same stat gear from all names but last, and a 19 resolve gear from final name. Slightly better than final name drops in Solo zones, but really, it's still just Solos with lot more annoying scripts.
  6. maxximum Active Member

I've seen 20 orange adorns drop from chests in solos, but never from a mission reward. You're wasting your time if you're doing weeklies for oranges, it's the bosses (usually the last one but not always) that drop them. The weekly is useful for divine attribute crates and other stuff, but you won't get an orange from them.
  7. Alarra Well-Known Member

Spent much frustration on this zone. So far from what I can tell for the first boss:
    • The first 10 hits are nullified by Planar Defense so don't unload until you get rid of this buff.
    • Walking past 1 steam will increase his health by 5 %, When starting wait until he walks past the first one otherwise your work will be for nothing (unless you can burn him past 10% before he moves).
    • When he emotes "Fixit Microtock steadies his cannon arm in front of him" he send out the laser that kills your buffs. I haven't found a way to get away from it, even running to his back he seems to turn around and still hit me.
      You cannot see the emote unless you are close to him, so being at ranged you will not know when the laser is coming.
    • When he says "Overheating systems" you need to right click on him to remove the red buff. Possibly need batteries.
    • The adds are a pain in the butt, best to kill them first and then pull him, you will probably have to do it 1-2 times during the fight as well depending on your dps.
    • When he says get back, he will do the knockback, so move to the wall.
    Having some way of stopping him from healing and the ability to avoid the buff killing laser would be great. Also with the buff killing laser, you need to be close to hear it or else you won't hear him say it and you will suddenly find yourself losing buffs.

The amount of buffs the laser removes is excessive, I would expect 1 or 2, but it seems to dispel like 7-8 of mine. This is very frustrating. The laser being fixed or something would make it a lot nicer.

As a coercer he constantly cures himself of Silence/Medusa's Gaze so one of my DoT's are constantly being cancelled.

Doing this with a merc, the first boss took 15 minutes to kill with 315 million dps.
    Maybe some adjustment is an order? I dunno, maybe my solo dps just stinks.