Plz help me fix this DDS texture error ...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Litlbigman, May 29, 2017.

1. Litlbigman Member

... that has started to happen recently when I zone.

Many thx.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You might want to post a screenshot of the error or copy paste the text of the error because I have no clue what this error is and I suspect others may have the same problem.

Cyrrena
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This sounds like one or more texture files have gotten borked.
    1. Close the game.

2. Start the Launchpad.

3. Look for the "Advanced Tools" button (it has an image of a crossed hammer and wrench). Click that button.

4. Click "Validate Game Assets" on the left then click the green Validate button. This forces a scan of all your installed game files. The Launchpad will tell you if any are broken, and will download good copies to replace them.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Skarekill New Member

I get the same error, I tried taking a screen shot of it and it didn't work. Will try again.
    I did try to validate the files and everything completed, and I got the same error....EQ2 has encountered an error and must shut down, texture error with a bunch of codes ... This just started happening in the last week.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The most radical thing to try is to uninstall then reinstall EQ2. Before you do this, you may want to save a backup of your UI folder in you use any custom mods, and from the main EQ2 folder your eq2.ini file and your character UI data files (ServerName_CharacterName_eq2_uisettings.xml -- for example, mine is Maj'Dul_Sigrdrifa_eq2_uisettings.xml).
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Yado Active Member

You may also consider it may be your graphic's card or drivers. I'd uninstall your current graphics driver and reinstall with the latest version.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Using dxdiag will get you the exact version number and date of your graphics drivers, which is really helpful. I would NOT be quick to start changing drivers. FIRST check the device manufacturer's website and see if your driver is out of date. If so, before you start installing new drivers, check and see if the manufacturer has instructions on doing this safely. Otherwise, Google "System Restore and Driver Rollback Instructions" and make sure you can undo a driver change that proves problematic.

I generally use a tool called DriverAgent to help me identify where I have out of date drivers, and guide me to the correct downloads for new drivers. All the cautions about understanding "System Restore and Driver Rollback Instructions" STILL APPLY.
    Enoibia and Prissetta like this.