Please move Kate a bit away from the crafting table in Daarspire.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Wurm, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

That you are one of those inconsiderate people who like to block NPCs doesn't surprise me. No wonder you think workarounds are the proper way to do things. As long as you aren't inconvenienced the heck with everyone else right?

"Cute" doesn't describe it, she would be far enough away from the table that you could at least see her when talking to her, regard if people are crafting at the table. And for people who act like you, there is enough room behind her to still be able to talk to her without having to deal with Roth's aptly named "chuckleheads".

You see mae, I like to help my fellow players and be polite as I possibly can be while playing. I dismount when going into buildings (difference between dismount and hiding is one is a single mouse click). And I always move to the sides of NPCs when talking to them so others can see and talk to them as well.

That you don't play that way is fine, just don't expect me to understand other's rudeness in a game we are all playing to have fun together.
    Guiscard likes this.
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

It's equally cute that you think I do it intentionally to be rude. No, i have a toddler, and sometimes, I need to attend to his needs. In fact, it happens pretty often. You also have no clue and assume that I use one of those giant flying mounts, which I don't. All of my toons use flying wings, because I dislike the size and proportions of all the other mounts. So go ahead, and continue to assume you know me and my motives. Go ahead and assume that all those people crafting at that table are doing it just to annoy you and others. Keep assuming the worst of others, it really makes you a pleasant person to interact with.
    Cynara likes this.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

I didn't assume anything.

1)"Oh the kid is fussing, let me move to the side for others!" - not too hard to do, even when you are wearing wings. It was your first cute statement that very much implied you don't care if you are in anyone's way. Then again you just added it as a strawman if wings are your preferred means of travel, since you knew it wasn't an issue in regards to a halfling player wearing wings when you posted it.

2) Didn't once say that the people crafting were doing it just to annoy me. People just don't think to consider others as long as they are getting what they want done taken care of. And a lot of times they pay for it when the zone crashes while they are doing the final combine, call it instant karma if you will.

3) And we both have been here long enough for me to know pretty much how you think and do things. Let me remind you of the snowball incident and your opinions posted in it, in case you had forgotten it.

4) And finally, the big difference between the two of us is I want things tweaked to make them better for everyone, you'd rather use workarounds.
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Sounds like you rather like workarounds as well, if they are convenient for you. Posted less than 24 hours ago in another thread:

Cynara, Mae- and Avahlynn like this.
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

And yes, Dulcenia, I liked your post. Open season on me, now.

Wurm, I know you likely don't mean to, but your posts are reading as rather over the line and mean spirited. Dulcenia is right, too, I noted that very thing she quoted and then read your posts here, and groaned. Bit disingenuous of you, overall, Wurm, and laying into Mae was just uncalled for. She's not the enemy, and didn't deserve the tirade she got.

As for the issue of the NPC, I feel it's a pretty much non-issue. Sorry you are tired of hearing about understaffing, and people tending their kids, etc, etc,.. but these things are real, and we, as adults, deal with 'em. No biggie. Take a deep breath, it'll all be ok.
    Cynara and Mae- like this.
  6. Spira Member

Oh please just do a "public quest treassure chest fix"...

[IMG]

Would be **** :p

And to be a little bit serious, there are other things Id rather have the devs spending time on ;)
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Dear Dulcenia and Avahlynn, The bolded part was sarcasm, do you really think I like running to the bank every time I reforge?
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Please name a few. I can't think of anything really broken that the ART team needs to be working on. Oh you mean you think it is going to take hours of hard coding to move a NPC a few feet or switching out a crafting table. If that is the case then I agree.
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

Mae posted a strawman earlier, and we haven't seen eye to eye on things for a while now. I do think she posts interesting and helpful things most of the time, but we are pretty much polar opposites on some of our views.

I also think she is pretty tough skinned, if I thought she was a delicate wallflower I might chose my words towards her differently, but she has proven more than once she can handle herself and kid-gloves are not needed.
    Guiscard likes this.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Moving the gnome over doesn't change the fact that she is a gnome* and that some people are chuckleheads. They are still going to block access to the gnome. The only difference is that they'll do it a little farther away from the table. So making a NPC that players have to go to extreme lengths to negatively affect other players seems preferable than just shifting the problem over a few feet.

That is kinda why I suggested the 20 ft. tall** Sarnak. Then they could move past this penny-ante stuff to the real problems. o_O

* That's not intended as an insult toward gnomes, merely an acknowledgement of their diminutive height in comparison to most character races.
    ** That's roughly 6.1 meters / metres for those that speak metric.
  11. Balbasur Active Member

This isn't even a big deal, not worth the time changing. I vote no.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

I doubt Estred would like standing next to a crafting table all day :p
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, the reason I'd like Kate moved away is people's MERCS covering her up. Nothing I can do can hide the mercs.
    Athenia and Guiscard like this.
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I thought Estred was more like 25 feet normally (out of combat). In any case, I was referring to a completely different 20 ft. Sarnak (unless SOE wants to make you an NPC).
  15. Balbasur Active Member

No vote, not a needed change.
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with asking for the NPC to be moved. I do have a problem with calling something that is working "broken" and calling for it to be "fixed". This isn't a bug. It isn't like anyone is being denied the ability to do this quest. Talking like this is a HUGE ISSUE and AN ACTUAL BUG just makes us look like idiots.

Your OP post was fine. I have a problem with the replies that keep escalating the severity like its somehow getting worse.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Don't remember anyone asking for a vote.
    Guiscard likes this.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

Don't remember anyone saying it was broken either. Only a annoyance that should of been better thought out to begin with.
    Guiscard likes this.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

A Sarnak would be awesome, don't really see enough of them in game, a Troll for that matter would also be cool.
    Guiscard likes this.
  20. Mae- Well-Known Member

While you're right that I can fight my own fights, the fact is that you brought my name up simply because I liked a post, and insinuated several things from that.