[Please Look Into] Doors

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Taysa, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Taysa Well-Known Member

I understand when Layout Editor was our only recourse to change the pitch/roll of items, it wasn't in SoE's best interest to fix this, but now with pitch/roll added to the decorator tool in game, I feel this is an issue that needs addressing.

I bought the snowy dwelling, and while I love it, it's not perfect. The giant hole in the floor leading to the basement is an eyesore. I wanted to make a "trap door" using the Qeynos Inlaid Door. I changed the pitch in layout editor and tested it. When you click to open the door, it uprights itself.

The same result was produced using the decorator tool in game.

Please look into this, as it would allow us to much more creatively use doors. Thank you.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Valzen Well-Known Member

I placed a manor door at that opening with the door handle away from window. Then I rotated it to fit, used pitch to get it even with floor, and then sunk it down. When I open it, it slides into the floor (under the floor) on the side of the fireplace, basically disappearing while it's open.
    I LOVE the effect. I'd rather see this than a door flying open from the floor.
    Maybe try playing with yours at different rotations? I do not use editor at all, only the in-game decorator tool. Hope my poor explanation can help you some.
    Avahlynn, Karrane, Deveryn and 3 others like this.
  3. Galldora Well-Known Member

Doors, doors! We need more doors! Trap doors, double doors, doors where the top and bottom open separately. Please, MORE DOORS!
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Could you post some screenshots? :)
  5. Valzen Well-Known Member

Sure thing! First image is closed door. Second image is open. The animation of the door opening is that it stays flat with floor and rotates clockwise. While the door is open, you can see the door handle on the left there. ;)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Avahlynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thus, making that infamous "dancing" work for you...brilliant! ;->

Uwk
    who's really glad to see they DID keep the Fright Manor doors on The Marketplace after all... :)
    Valzen likes this.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Awesome! My guildie and I tried it with the coldain door and with a little tweaking and resizing it looks quite good! Many thanks to you for the idea!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Valzen like this.
  8. Valzen Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Glad I could help. Does your door slide into floor, too? It is kind of cool!
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

It totally slides into the floor, too. It's not a bug, it's a feature!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Valzen like this.
  10. Valzen Well-Known Member

Lol. Absolutely!