Please Help me im coming from WoW

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-VacuousDragon, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-VacuousDragon Guest

[p]Hi I am coming back from WoW cause i miss EQ2, I miss the ganking system and all the fun my question is as follows:[/p][p]1. If i use to play EQ2 on the lowest setting and lagged some times like when there was 60people all together will it still when i come back?[/p][p]2.will a new graphics card help? or will i need more then jsut that?[/p][p]3. if so then which one[/p][p]4. im looking to spend at most 200 dollars and i want the best results so i wont have to lag and maybe i can play the game on a higher setting.[/p][p]5. I have a problem when i took EQ2 off my comp i tried to reload it a few days ago.[/p][p]6. I insterted it in the CD Rom slot then the DVD Slot still no luck mind u this was disk 1 do i have to instert another disk? it is the DvD Version i dont wnat to change my account beacause i had already purchases every expansion cept EoF [/p][p]7. please email me at mechwarriorx@msn.com incase i cant find this topic again i would really appreciate it thanks in advance[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Velocidad Guest

For the graphics questions you're gonna wanna hit the Tech section of the forums. There is some good people there that will help you out. As for reinstalling, If you plan to buy EoF the retail version comes with the base game and all 3 expansions for about the same price you would pay for the digital download from SoE. It would save you a bit of downloading updates time.
  3. ARCHIVED-rSpooky Guest

well, it would help to see what kind of system you have now. specs? From my recent experiences ( with a bunch of slightly out of date pc's) I can tell you that you do not have to have top notch stuff to get a good experience. However there are some minimums. A good graphics card does alot but seriously even with a geforce 6299 gt (256mb) you can get some nice stuff going. granted you better look at the 7 series (or similar ati) but there is mor eto keep in account. To begin When adding some upgrades to my wifes pc,I noticed EQII being very heavy on the processor and Ram. I started by upgrading her from a amp xp 1800 to a dualcore pentium. But even tho I had now processor speed to spare, we still noticed some issues. So next I looked into ram. The game runs with 512 and even 1g, but looking at results addign a total of 2g it really made the difference. (with more ram obviously even better) So not knowing what you have I would say for cheap upgrades look at it this way. 1) have a processor that is at least 2ghz if it is a pentium 4. although I prefer the AMD's ( there 64 bit version 3200+ are great , altough not true 2 ghz, super fast) 2) make sure you have ATLEAST 1 gig ram, but if you can make it 2 3) your graphics card needs at least 256 mb and be at the least a 600GT series (or ATI equivelent) all these are far from top of the line and if you look into sites like newegg and tigerdirect you can find thsi stuff for great prices. What I want to say is, there is more to do then just upgrade one part, it is a fine balance. Also keep you system clean , make sure there isnt alot of junk running in the background, and even then when you are in a busy zone, a raid etc, there will be times where you might be forced to turn you graphic all the way down for that time to get the smoothest experience. (still playable tho) any Q's just ask, and if anyone else has opinons on this or tips , I am just basing this on MY experiences if you know better I would love to hear it also,as being also a gamer ona budget (need to keep 3 pc's going for EQ here)
  4. ARCHIVED-Forsaken1 Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

In Balanced Performance mode, I have a great experience with my 128 meg ATI video card and P4 2.8ghz processor with 1gig of ram. I do plan to upgrade my video card and add another gig of ram very soon however, as I really like the High quality a lot.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

[p]VacuousDragon wrote:[/p][p]Hi I am coming back from WoW cause i miss EQ2, I miss the ganking system and all the fun my question is as follows:[/p][p]What on earth do you mean? PvP?[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

Which ATI video card? The model makes a huge difference. Usually if you are less than 2Gig of RAM, upgrading to 2Gig gives the biggest performance boost, then upgrade the card after that. depending on your model. Nvidia seems to give fewer problems with EQ2.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

That's really good to know.. there aren't any really good sales going on right now anyways, so perhaps I'll just shop for RAM today instead. *heads off to Future Store* XD
  9. ARCHIVED-SpellshaperCZE Guest

1-X (PC upgrade questions): You rly need to specify your cofiguration to get good answer. Globaly I can say more RAM can decrease reading times to be faster if u mean that as "lag". I dont undestand question about DVD, I am sry (I am not English). 7. You can watch this topic and get every response :wink:
  10. ARCHIVED-omod Guest

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest that helps to see where your computer is at it terms of what you have and is it good enuff to run eq 2 just find eq 2 in the list