Please help me fix my SK so I can find some groups

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Istark, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Istark New Member

Hi all,

I have a SK I am playing in PoP, and I can't seem to find a group for heroics (T1 or otherwise) no matter how much I advertise, or even try to form one on my own.

I'm currently at 544 res, and if there's a way to put my profile online, I will gladly do so. I'm working on finishing my factions for the offhand (and one day, the 2.0, though I have to start that bad boy from scratch). I just want to group, and to learn the heroics so I can one day be a really good tank, but I'm clearly doing something wrong, so any advice would be fantastic. I don't want to get to the point where I just figure I'll never find one.

Thanks!
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. olleran Active Member

Personally i would advise you to find a good guild
    Snikkety and Semperfifofum like this.
  3. Sure Active Member

I think I have seen you in channel on AB, if you are the same Istark, you are not doing anything wrong. Other than just calling for heals and dps/util and form the group rather than wait to be chosen.

AB basically has (I hope I don't get spanked for saying this) a critical population issue. There are people out there to do the content with you, but, out of the two to three hundred (at which ever time frame of the day you are looking at pool of active players) basically there are maybe five people that form groups with pick ups, but maybe only one or two of those five are active in your time slot. They also usually have extensive list/network of friends to trawl through.

Anyhow, don't give up, a good guild may help, but two tanks in a grp is probably the max kind of number of tanks most groups would be OK with running in new content till, more DPS classes get OP in their DPSness to actually carry the group for excessively imbalanced formations. e.g. two healers two tanks might with two dps get through all the content, but I hope you have three hours to do a zone, esp if the others are not souped up on gear + ascensions etc. :)
  4. luxxxaeterna Member

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/446696221819 is this you? If thats you than you need to work/reforge some of your stats into something usefull. Ask some more experienced tanks in your server to give you some tips. Hard cap on Hate Mod is 100 so you get nothing from going 1000+ on this, better reforge into Striketrough and Accuracy.
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

IF you need SK tips DM me
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

SK don't need to be fixed, they are doing real fine :)

yeah sometimes better to form your own group than wait to be choosen
    Mathafern likes this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Assuming this is the correct reference to the SK the OP is referring to...

Istark, you can scroll down to the bottom of that page and click for a link you can add to your signature file if you want.

About the character. I'm considering doing exactly what you're doing, taking my SK out of mothballs and equipping him about like that. One downside is, the low Fervor. That only hurts you on dps right now. If, in the future, they make fervor apply to hate gain, then it will benefit tanks with the Epic 2.0 much more than tanks without. But one reason it isn't like that right now is, they said this expac was Epic 2 - optional.

The Resolve check only hurts you if it's low, it won't buff your damage like Fervor does. Your best bet is to be heartbound with someone who you always run with. Your guild can help you find someone who is on at the same times, it doesn't mean you always follow each other around, but being online at the same time and running zones together is assumed. Also, pay attention to the two skills that give you Combat Mit reduction on the mob. Devouring Mist is one, but I'm blanking on the other. I think they're both green/encounter though.

Next, is this your main? Because if not, then you still might want to run a few PGs until you can get some of the orange adorns from there. I dont' see orange adorns on the Finger or Legs slots, and your Health and Ability Mod could be higher. The white adorns from PGs are much better than Incandescent ones most of the time.

Understand that people take a risk when running with a tank that doesn't have Epic 2 or Tome of the Ascended. Risk aversion is probably the issue, not anything you're doing. People on this forum have said that they can run heroics on a tank alt just fine. But many people still have the classic mindset of "you must have every duck in a row before I"ll group with you." OK fine, that's their choice. The best response is none.

Ask your guild to plan times when you run groups together to do heroics for gear and for weapons you can break down into planar energy. I'd save 1/2 of the ones i get for my Epic 2 weapon though. Fill in from people available in general chat only after you've filled the group as much as possible. It's more attractive to hear "4/6 PoP Heroics group, need 2nd healer and dps" than just "Shadowknight lfg PoP heroics." Because last expansion, tanks were made almost obsolete, it will take a bit of time to let people relax out of that.

But the most likely reason is that they themselves aren't confident yet in the content and they fear dying on it over and over. Everyone fears a bad group, but they fear more, being singled out as the one who is causing the flame out. It's only been 2 and a half weeks, people will get more confident as time goes by.

Finally, Infuse! It makes a huge difference, especially in stamina.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

You will probably not like it , but you will have to go get proving grounds adorns to get your health up there and epic is a big deal for a sk
    I see your missing ER , will have to go do that but thats easy for you do alone
    Also might wanna try and find someone who can make spells expert for you.
    As someone suggested try and find a guild willing to help you out
  9. Mathafern Well-Known Member

My suggestions if you want to run heroics:
    - Team up with a healer if possible. Makes forming groups easier.
    - Run solos- ALL of them. Learn the strats, don't just bully through.
    - Run the duos. Learn the strats.
    Then run heroics. As your gear graduates resolve from 24 to 26 to 29 your potency will steadily rise and your need for a full group will fall off at the same rate that your ability to get a full group rises.

Even if you can't get into heroics right away, do the weeklies (solo/duo) to get coin, 750 coin will get you 29 resolve gear.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

*grins* Now this was in KA but my guild (really only one group strong or so for serious grouping, but many alts) would often run with 3 tanks and do just fine. One SK for tanking, one berserker to dps (or tank as needed) and one sk for dps (me) as well as a healer and a necro and another (often a beastlord). If you are on AB and want some company, send me a message here on the forums and ill tell you who to look for and what to say *smiles hatefully* We are a RP guild but are still friendly... even to paladins. We always need a new special guest of honor at our sacrifice parties... any volunteers?