Please fix this delusional vendor..

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cloudrat, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

2. Emms Member

Would help if names of new recipe book where aligned to previous level ones.
    Advanced Weaponsmith Volume 92
    Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 92

Recipe books would be easier to find when try to chose them for filter. Can't think of anything negative in my player experience if they followed the naming that previous tiers had!

As for the price I think this recipe vendor, have bought to many designer handbags to need such money for a recipe book! Are they gold plated? :D
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

Wow, she thinks pretty highly of her recipe books... :D
  4. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Betty Crocker®

Way to rip off a General Mills logo.
  5. menolly New Member

Can we please get confirmation that this is a bug and not intentional?
  6. Omougi Member

The pricing for the essential books is a bug and will be fixed shortly. Thanks for reporting it! Advanced books are going to stay pricey. If you're poor like me, you can still quest for the 91/92 advanced & essential books, as well as get the 93-95 advanced books as drops.
    Just for clarity, that's a player-named guildhall NPC! :)
  7. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

:eek:
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that.
    If the AS zones are going to be dropping plat in chest at end in addition to body loot, and the overland bosses, and heroic zones 50p is a perfectly acceptable price point.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yes please revert the "Grandmaster x's Basic Compendium, Volume I" and "Grandmaster x's Advanced Compendium, Volume I" back to x Essentials Volume 91 and Advanced x Volume 91 naming. I understand why they were changed, because they were quested rather than drops, but that ended up being more confusing than just leaving the names as they are.

50p each? You know RoK zones won't be dropping 30p per named anymore, right?
    Afista likes this.
  10. Foretold Well-Known Member

50 plat for a recipe book is a little pricey... the new plat drops in CoE zones better be impressive.
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

A few points, one that will probably shock Feldon so if there are no wire updates for a few days you can blame me lol.

The amount of plat that RoK zones drop/dropped is totall irrelevant to the price of these books.

My initial statement that the price was ok was made in part as I figured that by 10-15 of them at the most you should be in the clear and generating some plat revenue for yourself and this was a decent plat sink as a whole. After a little thought due to the fact that the research ability combined with the ability to instantly purchase with cash whatever spell you want all the way up to master the expert spell market, well quite frankly it blows.
    We all know that the SC will not be encroached on in any way, regardless of the impact it has on crafters.
    I'd say it would probably be better to cut it to 20-25p.
  12. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Regardless of the impact it has on crafters?????

Did I fall into bizzaro world? Those are crafting books that drop and sell for 16 gold to vendors and a merchant is selling them for 50p What game is this? We have questlines that allow us to buy advanced books that drop in other tiers for the price they sell to vendors for and now we want to jack up the prices to allow adv to make more off broker on crafters to cover what they lose on the close down of lower tier pathways?
  13. Lempo Well-Known Member

It is not exactly a novel concept that crafters need adventurers for more than making items for them, adventurers supply the book for a cheaper price than . Then the crafter can make money from multiple adventurers, it is in fact how it should be, in the end the adventurers will still be doling out more plat to the crafters.
    Of course with your 'jack it up' reference and saying this is going to allow adventurers to recover all the plat they lose from the reduction of plat from the old raid zone you are not interested in looking at it in any reasonable manner.

Ridiculous that you could even spew that when the price of that book would rapidly be recovered, whichever way you decided to go, get it early or let the free market go to work and the price will be drastically lower, these would be selling for 25 plat or less on the broker, of course you despise those filthy, rich evil adventurers I guess.
  14. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Again lol what game is this? I have done my share of adventuring over the years and never had a dislike for those that enjoyed it and didn't craft at all. I even crafted items for those who needed it. My like or dislike for anyone has nothing to do with the point.

I do a crafting line and then go to a vendor and buy my advanced books for the price that the dropped ones sell to vendor for. Why should that change now ? Tiers and tiers of methods to get reasonably priced advanced crafting books and along comes this umm divergent path?
  15. Sambril Well-Known Member

I completely agree with Cloudrat. There is no need or justification for the prices on these books to be out of line with the way it works on other tiers. And of course we are still missing vendors for T5 and T7 advanced books.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  16. Estal Well-Known Member

Crazy idea, but maybe all crafting recipes should cost 50 plat each, whty?

Supply vs Demand.

Crafting is very easy, which causes supply of crafted goods to be way too high, if the recipes are prohibitively expensive then supply will drop and those who are willing to commit the plat necessary to get the recipes can then actually make a profit from crafting.
  17. Sambril Well-Known Member

And make crafting and crafted items exclusive to the rich players? - I don't think so.

Yes - a lot of high level players made a lot of money plat farming the Kunark instances and there is a lot of money floating around in the economy, but that does not apply to all players. Not everyone has a high level adventurer to generate that easy money. I have been playing on and off since 2005, my highest adventurer is 75 and has never been at whatever the cap was at the time. I think if I added up the coin on all my alts it would be in the region of 300 plat.

I do have 9 level 95 crafters and a bunch of lower level ones because that is what I like to do, not for the market but primarily for me and my friends. Sure I don't have any direct need for a lot of high level gear, armor and weapons for example, I can still use some of the high level advanced recipes - most obviously from carpentry. 50pp per book completely prices me out of crafting these items.
  18. Oldtimer Active Member

She's just trying to get it in before PR gets nerfed and people blissfully quit ^
  19. Lempo Well-Known Member

Well they are going to be adding a significant amount of plat to the zones and named overland mobs, crafters have zero expense that they are responsible for other than recipe books, your fuel, your materials the costs of those are covered by the customer unless you choose to donate it. You don't have to harvest anymore, you can make multiple combines. The price of the recipe book will be recovered from jobs over time. You don't have to be essentially expense free, you'll get by just fine.
    Oldtimer likes this.
  20. Oldtimer Active Member

Oh are these the ones from the withered lands quests? I'd happily pay 250plat per book to not have to do those annoying and pointless TS quests.