Please fix/refine the adornment system.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Yummydain, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Yummydain New Member

There is nothing fun about having to swap adornments on every single gear upgrade you get as you're leveling through the new expansions. It takes 4 clicks just to remove an adornment from an item, and 5+ to replace a single adornment.

1. Adornment reclamation
    2. Click item
    3. Confirm you actually want to do this
    4. Collect adornments

5. Double click adornment
    6. Oops item wasn't attuned
    7. Equip item to attune
    8. Double click adornment again
    9. Wait why can't I equip the adornment while the item is equipped..?
    10. Unequip item
    11. Double click adornment again....
    12. Click item in list to adorn, or most likely have to choose bottom option to find the item yourself
    13. Confirm you want to add adornment
    14. Equip adornment
    15. Equip item
    ad infinitum.

Why is there a confirmation window? Reclamation is free and has no cast time. Why is there a recommended list of items the adornment can be placed in, but it doesn't show ALL of the items available? Remove that window and let us choose the piece of gear ourselves by default. Why is there a window to confirm the loot of the adornments we just removed? Just put it in our bags.

While we're at it, why does questing gear/solo dungeon gear even have adornment slots? Why not save that system for items starting in H1 dungeons, and just adjust quest/solo gear to have stats comparable to when they have adornments. Again, there is NOTHING fun or engaging about having to swap adornments every time you complete a quest and get a gear upgrade while leveling.

Change the Spirit of Drakkel into a buff book instead of another adornment, remove the need for immunity runes for solo content. It takes longer for players to swap adornments per boss than it takes to actually kill the dang boss if you don't have a whole set of belts with each rune in it already.
  2. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Adornments went from a cool upgrade feature, to chore that’s not fun.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Twyla Well-Known Member

And they're required now. I didn't even use any until PoP and was able to run everything without a problem, now you must have adornment a, b, c equipped and oh yeah be sure to click them (however you do that-I still haven't figured that out) or it's insta-death.
    Sweety D likes this.
  4. Sweety D Well-Known Member

To use items that are equipped, drag from the equipped slot to your hot-bar.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

They need to get rid of them entirely. When you start making them required for progression, the micromanagement takes out the fun.

Also, off with temp adornments as well.
  6. Bakual Member

The micromanagent was already present before adornments. They got rid of that part when they made all items have the same stats. They also killed reforging. Adornments basically are the only way to fine tune the gear nowadays. I wouldn't remove that.
    But I agree that it is tedious. I can see many ways to make things easier here. Eg moving adornments directly from one item to another one would help. Having to unequip and repair items to apply the adornment is also not nice.

And yes, temp adornments are just stupid.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've done that click does nothing for me...yet anyway.
  8. Twyla Well-Known Member

Temp adornments are right up there in awfulness with patterns imho.
    GrunEQ and Breanna like this.
  9. Bentenn Well-Known Member

That’s a lot of clicking and kinda excessive.

I agree adorns in their current state is bad, but only because of how you have to obtain them. Make them go back to TSers and allow them to make them all. Make them grind quests to be able to buy books and then feed people with them. Then pick and choose a few that can be upgraded via heroics and raids. This gives everyone the option to have the rune as well as make it more powerful doing what the rune would be designed for.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Vokan Well-Known Member

Adorn management seems to be more tedious especially when dealing with a couple of alts. I want to be able to see all adorn locations at once and not have to hover over to see upgrades.
    Twyla likes this.