Please change the Devitalizing Stare line

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Pinski, Mar 1, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

So, this line needs a change. Yah the power regen portion of it is fine, however the problem is, you have to be within 7.5m of your group members for them to get the extra regen. Meaning during a raid you will most likely miss a majority of people in your group on casting this, unless you basically stand right on top of them. Honestly a change to a effect radius of 25m or so would be great so we don't have to stand on top of people to get them the extra regen.

And then theres the effect on mobs it places is useless. Currently it will drain a max of 378 power for Stare, and 518 power for Gazes. This is a spit in the bucket for most mobs. There needs to either be changing in power draining for this secondary affect to be useful, or it could just be removed, so we can cast it all the time without a need for a target. This would also make it more equivalent to the Coercer spell of this line, which is their Mind's Eye line, which is just a constant increased in-combat regen.

One last stupid thing, why Gazes, why not just Gaze, it sounds more in line with Stare, because it's not Stares, heh :)

So anybody else got any comments on this line?
  2. ARCHIVED-Impetus Guest

Yeah, and please turn down the volume on the sound effect while you're at it. :D

Message Edited by Impetus on 03-01-200605:00 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Aedosen Guest

Been /feedbacking about this spell line as long as I can remember. Main problems are very small radius(this is even worse in raids where people are usually more spread out than in normal grps), long duration and casting time (makes it hard to use this in xp grps where mobs go down very fast often wasting most of its duration) and power drain is too small.
  4. ARCHIVED-Manyak Guest

The LEAST that it needs is the increased radius. Even if it still has a useless drain, and still has an annoyingly long casting timer, at least an increased radius will make me wanna cast it. Ive more or less given up on this spell cuz i usually only get 1 or 2 other ppl with it, the rest of the group doesnt get [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. for a 4 sec casting timer, i better be [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] sure that evry1s getting mana.