Please Change Group Rules

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I am playing in PoM, trying to complete faction with another house, and I've noticed that when playing grouped characters some characters will get credit for completing an item on a quest while others won't. I think one of the quests is called "Steal it Back," and when killing monkeys, or gnomes, credit seems randomly applied.

That makes it hard on groups because they have to keep checking to make sure everyone got credit so they can move on to the next item. It adds a level of uncertainty and chaos that simply isn't necessary or helpful if you really want people to form groups as you all have stated many times.

It isn't a question of the group members not being close enough. That was checked and it doesn't matter. It is the coding that randomly selects whether a character will receive credit. And while that is fine for solo play, it makes things difficult for groups because one member's bad luck, with the RNG, can hold up the works for the rest of the members.

Another problem is when group members have to click on an item such as when gathering rocks in another quest. The group has to go around and around, for each member of the group, rather than each member being able to click on the same rock and get credit or everyone in the group getting credit if a rock is clicked on.

Just addressing these two issues would make grouping far more equitable and fun. I hope you will reconsider the way you are currently assigning credit for completing tasks in groups.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You meaning boxing. Are you sure all characters are on top of each other and not spread out, to get update. Also you are not giving the name of the quest, so kind of hard for the team to address any issues when only description is "gathering rocks in another quest"
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

I am trying to get online, to get the name of the quests, but as usual, I have to validate my assets due to a bug with VoiceOver4.vpk. Every time DP updates the game I go through this. I've removed the file, renamed the file, moved it to other locations (i.e. reinstalled the program on different drives, and nothing helps so my computer is tied up for 2 hours validating the files.)
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

This can be applied to boxing, but it affects ALL groups. This has been an issue since the launch of PoP. And it doesn't matter what the quest for clicking on rocks is called. This happens on MANY quests that use clickies to get an update in PoP. Both issues also apply to Sentinel's Fate quests too.