Please bring back dungeon finder

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aran Anar, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

I have idea might help with the Kunark Ascending expansion, update the dungeon finder to include heroic dungeons from Kunark Ascending. Simply make it so that to form a group must have a fighter class and a healer class in que would make finding groups much faster.

Way game is now people use LFG channel and say 100 character LFG but almost never a group gets formed. Always missing the group fighter class never can find a guardian or berserker, why not simply update the dungeon finder and then everyone playing eq2 could log in click dungeon finder and game would find group for them like RIFT does.

Never understood why all the Rants about dungeon finder. It works and we do have mercs if we need healer for easy zones like Velious. My question is why did Dungeon Finder stop at Velious? Why not have it incluse tears of veeshan, alter of malice. terrors of thalumbra and kunark ascending, would help.

Day Break could you guys do one nice thing please? Make it so that if a player Mentors down with the Chronomage NPC, and then after mentor down there level, click dungeon finder that dungeon finder does list lower level dungeon for what ever level you mentor down to PLEASE?

Lets say I am level 100 and I have a level 35 player in my guild. That player says in guild chat they want to try a heroic dungeon. I could mentor down change my level to level 35 and invite them to group and QUE dungeon finder and we could do a normal heroic dungeon for level 35.

Way dungeon finder is now if I mentor and change my level to 35 then open dungeon finder it is listing velious zones and they are all level 90 or 95 so please a simple fix so I can help my guild memebrs would make it much faster and also ......

IT WOULD BE NICE TO SIMPLY CHANGE YOU CHARACTERS LEVEL WITH CHRONO MAGE OPEN DUNGEON FINDER AND SEE A NICE LIST OF ALL DUNGEONS THAT ARE AROUND YOUR LEVEL.

Would be a fast quick easy way to know what dungeons heroic are in the game of everquest 2 by use dungeon finder and read the list.

Why I like dungeon finder? it teleport you right to the zone and you do not have to travel to go find the entrance to the heroic zone. Teleports a whole group together so makes groups building much better.

I think it could save eq2 and make kunark ascending much better would be worth a try, and even if your group you get is not that great and you only get a few bosses that is more than no group and hours of typing LFG over and over.... thank you.

I am tired of dang Auction Channel taking over EQ2 .. why should I pay 250,000 platinum for a armor piece for my char when we could make a group and simply get it for free., all you guys are /anon WHY? ALWAYS /ANON..... SEEMS STRANGE.... and every every day items sold on auction channel for like 50,000 to over 350,000 platinum over and over and over..

Does someone have a separate computer they use for auctions that runs there chat? Like a 3rd party plug in? It is annoying... very,,,, like we are all supposed to sit and stare at chat and buy auctions why not form groups and have some fun?

Dungeon finder could help, If the WHOLE SERVER LOGS IN AND QUE for Dungeon Finder that would be over 500 players over level 100... Now after that I know Dungeon Finder would make good groups if it was simply set to .. must have healer and fighter then more class then group formed then instant teleport then done... OR form a group and que for dungeon finder and you easy and fast get that 2 dps classes you missing....

Why not use this nice ability in everquest 2 instread of all the loot uber 250+ " RE Solve" dudes getting groups BUY it takes them 3 hours to form a group? Re Solve... I think if something is solved it solved why Re solve... I got 180 resolve I am on Antonia bayle 100 assassin I want to TRY a few heroic groups after I paid 125$ for the expansion Simply to SEE the new heroic zones..

Each day we use /5 LFG channel we say 100 LFG over and over for like 3 hours then never form a group but some people seem to have there own private " club" all /anon and what ever SLR is and BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA Good grif don't you get sick of yourself?

Honest you only do groups to sell platinum that true? What are you doing with the platinum because me not care if you break into my bedroom in auburn and break a dang stick in half and go from " S on Y " to " Day Break" you not own virtual currency or items so if you sell platinum from eq2 for real money would be FRAUD.

I do not know if anyone sells platinum for real money but I have to wonder why would want to group and auction every day what you sue the platinum for the " ANON GROUP who always Auction "

So when you have over 50 million platinum then what? everyone trying to race to keep up with you? You realize all the mental energy it takes to sit and read the auction channel, how it is you can read how it reads for you? Take a dang break who ever you guys are you don't seem to have any problem forming groups and getting gear to auction and You not want these Items yourself ?

I ask simple question about ancient spells and I get DUDE OMG like Never dream you can not find a ancient spell DUDE like WOW like good grief not possible...not true which zone? ill go get them myself from alter of malice zones. I know I get answers like that so silly auction channel can auction....

Enough I can choose my chat channels not read auction channel but that is what problem has been. We on Antonia Bayle NEED a better way to form groups... so Dungeon Finder WOULD HELP... thank you

(channel 9 t.v. is bad .. simple solved )

Have fun - Anran Arnar of Arania
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Andariel Member

Honestly it never worked in the first place they would actually have to fix it first. I gave that thing soooo many tries ended up with no tank groups / no healer groups all kinds of stupid stuff. Just leave it gone honestly if they arent gonna take the time to actually make it function properly.
    Justaplayer likes this.
  3. Justaplayer Member

if they fixed it people wouldn't be able to conveniently powerlevel there anymore
  4. Aran Anar Active Member

If I mentor my character level down I would like dungeon finder to show me the dungeons that are close to my characters level.
    I thought that is how it was maybe? Did it ever used to do that?

I could simply change my level 100 character to level 70 or 60 or 50 or 80 or 40 and then que for all dungeons and teleport to a dungeon I missed or skipped over and never got to see so that would be a nice way to fix the dungeon finder.

Get a nice list of dungeon in EQ2 that way and show what level they are for :D
  5. Kari Well-Known Member

If you look at your chat window, there are a number of tabs up at the top. If you right click the tab and select "chat options", a window will open that shows all the channels that you subscribe to. You can uncheck the box next to the auction channel and never be troubled by it again.

Or if you would like the option to see the items without having it intrude on your main chat, you can create a new chat tab and move the auction channel over to that tab. Right click on the chat tab and select "new chat tab." It will create a new tab that you can drag into to main chat window. Put the auction spam on that new tab, so that when you feel like looking at it you can just click over to that tab.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Even if it did work, the KA Heroic dungeons are likely to chew most pugs up and spit out the remains. You need all of your group, well geared, fully adorned with plenty of potency & resolve. Even then, its iffy. If your peeps can't pump out enough dps, your going be there in that one dungeon for hours.
    Meneltel likes this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

8. Castles Active Member

it only works if there are players online and enough to make a functional group.