Please Allow New Notebooks to be Written In

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lizabethan, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Lizabethan Active Member

Returning to the forums with a posting vengeance ;)

Sage Essentials 90 gave us a new recipe, the Bear Hide Notebook (\aITEM 1605451297 957285446:Bear Hide Notebook\/a). It's perfect for my library - and a lot of other people's homes. Problem is, this new book seems to be just for decoration. If Sages can't write in a notebook, why isn't it just a carpenter recipe?

Please fix this! It's just not a notebook without the ability to put our own story into it.
    Finora, Sandyfoot, Avahlynn and 6 others like this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread. This is a bug that should be addressed. If someone unknowingly purchases this book, they will be expectiong it to work like all the other notebooks. The appearance is fine but the function is missing.
    Finora, suka, Sandyfoot and 2 others like this.
  3. Belenos Well-Known Member

Agreed! As a new tradeskiller, this would have been very disappointing to me once I reach that level.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If it's a bug, then there's a command for that specific kind of problem. (/bug) It gets to the right people faster than a forum post.
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

I sent a bug report in game but there isn't a category that is obvious for crafted items. I'm not sure it got to the right group but maybe it will.
  6. Artemiz Active Member

I agree, sages need some new appearances for notebooks for authors of Norrath.
    1. A notebook which appears on a small podium, similar to the Creepy Creature Catalog without the pestilence :)
    2. A notebook on a taller pedestal similar to the "a heretics chanting podium" with a master crafted version being similar to "Tome of Knowlege" which has the rune effects. Maybe a rune effect where runes simply float off the page like when a sage is crafting.
    3. Appearance of 3 books standing next to each other
    4. Appearance of 10 books standing next to each other
    5. Appearance of 3-5 books in a stack

These can add more diversity to our ever growing libraries.