Playstyle vs Healer question

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Rhaegor, May 31, 2013.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree with the other pro warden comments. I have a 95 warden and inquisitor and I find it easier healing and curing on a warden. It (warden) has twice as many group cures (that are useful), even though the inq mythical cure is better, and with critical heals over time you heal to full usually on first cast then the extra ticks help with the spike damage. Inquisitors heals are slower casting and I find it harder to adapt to the situation on an inquisitor.
  2. Mimixx(2) Member

For Inquisitor
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

You'd suggest an inquisitor for 'at range' ?!?!
  4. Jeorge Member

I would go with either a Druid or Defiler. They are basically opposite sides of the equation in terms of defensive-oriented or offensive-oriented, but they most fit your description.

Fury is the only healer who stands at range for DPS purposes. They get more "standard" heals than any other healer (by which I mean fast reuse ones that you're basically always using in a fight), but it's also because they sort of need them. But don't take that to mean they are weak healers. Druids are really the easiest healers to learn (I suck and can't play anything else, though I'm trying a mystic... again...), and that means you can more easily adapt to random s*** hitting the fan. Their heals are also the fastest casting, which just makes it even better.

You *could* go warden and just not melee, but in the end, even though you aren't min-maxing, you'll at least end up getting the DPS oriented AAs in the subclass tress, because the other AA choices truly are awful. I wanted to go this way too with my warden, but you just sort of feel like stupid. Granted, in group situations you may be able to get away with it. Wardens have the most deathsaves of any healer in the game, and the same boons that Furies have, and have more healing oomph than anyone else. There ARE rare cases where just the straight healing of a Fury might be better (Furies are heal cannons, by which I mean their heals are HUGE and all at once. Warden is the heal machine gun, small to medium heals pretty much every second or so), but the Wardens plethora of oh s*** buttons more than make up for it.

Defiler is basically the exact opposite. They only class that has less DPS is the Templar. Both of the classes are capable of insanely impressive feats of healing, but Shamans are the only class whose method of healing can actually prevent a mob from one-shotting people. (Wards prevent damage. HoTs are after damage. Reactives actually DO require the target to survive to work.) Templars get a ward with Repent, but that's still not their preferred way of healing. They also get a lot of stoneskins, but same thing. And shamans are all about the debuffs. The endline in the Defiler AA tree is even a debuff. And their heal stance at the end of the shadows tree makes them cast faster (though this isn't needed at engame. Cast speed is easy to max. That's more just to show how their revolve around debuffs.)
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

I'd take mystic...but levels 1-40 on a mystic can be pretty slow. By far my favorite healer now. Virtually unkillable as a solo class. Debuffs, wards, heals, rezzes, melee and spell dmg & can wear chain.
  6. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I have a warden and only have one of the AA CA's she does decent dps and NEVER runs out of power if she heals every once in a while. At level 85 I soloed the Ring wars when I walked into it just by accident while doing a tradeskill quest.

I also have a fury which does decent dps, but has a couple more group heals, which can be an advantage in a group.

With the right AA set up on either one, they can be solo or grouped. Take advantage of the AA mirror to experiment on what works best for your play style. I love both of them and use them both equally.