Playing on 4K screen, all ok apart from chat bar

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Wildpaw, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Wildpaw New Member

Hey fellow Norrathians,

I am playing on a 4K screen, and initially everything was teeny tiny, but have managed to move hotbars around, change icon sizes etc so it all looks ok. I have changed the font size in the chat windows to a suitable size, but my only issue is the small line at the bottom of the chat where you type messages in is still teeny tiny.

Is there a way to change the font size on this?
    Thanks.
    LEEOO and Twyla like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yeah I have the same issue - what I am typing into the chat box is so small - need a magnifying glass to see it.
    Twyla, Wildpaw and LEEOO like this.
  3. LEEOO New Member

I'm about to try on my 3080ti and 4k monitor. I have not played EQ2 since 2005!
    Wildpaw likes this.
  4. Chaaskul Member

just got a 4k screen myself and font size needs the james webb telescope to see

cant change any font size except what i SEE in chat
    Twyla, Forestchild and Breanna like this.
  5. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Try this, i finally found it when I searched beta forums. it worked for me.

All you have to do is the following:

1.Go to Everquest2.exe - (also works for the eq2.exe)
    2.Right Click Icon and go to properties -
    3.Select Compatibility tab -
    4.Click Change High DPI settings -
    5.Select Override high DPI scaling behavior performed by SYSTEM.

Fixes the GUI on my 4k monitor setup on windows 11. Match's windows 11 scaling at 150% in Windowed Mode. Took me a few days to find this solution..... I have tested with Drums and Profit

[IMG]
    Twyla likes this.
  6. sugarmetender New Member

I tried this but after a few mins the screen keeps going black with odd flashing rainbow-colored dots. I can hear the game running but no way to see whats going on. *shrug*
    Forestchild likes this.