PLAYER STUDIO Wishlist - "I'd buy that."

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Kenaustin, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kenaustin Guest

Now that PlayerStudio submissions are active, I'm sure some players have ideas for appearance and house items that they'd love to see in the Marketplace, but don't have the skills to frame/skin. If we put our wishlist out there, some of the talented 3D creators may see opportunity for SC kickbacks and step up. Plus if SOE sees submissions for items that people already said they might like, they'll be more willing to accept them.
    Feel free to post sketches of your ideas.
    ~ Styx
  2. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

Duck hat (Like the bunny hats)
    or a Duck Mount (Flying mount obviously! Would have an awesome running animation as ducks do, and fly the same as most birds fly!)

I'd spend so much SC on this you'd not believe it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

we can't make mounts or hats.
    what they are letting us make are house items, and cloaks.
  4. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

I'd love to get a sailing ship with some privateer/pirate style sails myself.
  5. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

A good angle for designers to approach this from, is to look at what players create using multiple items. Then, create an equivalent that both looks nice, and only counts as a single item on the housing limit.

Stairs / Ramps

Tunnels / Tubes

Tiles / Dividers (ranging from small, to massive, and add more variety in shapes)

Also, a nice idea would be statues of significant figures in the EQ universe. I'd like to make a shirne of actual diety statues (much better than altars!).

"Broken" furniture would also be kind of neat. I would actually have fun decorating a house that looks like the prior nights party turned into an epic drunken brawl, and the whole house got trashed.

Infact, a wider selection of broken/trashed/old/worn furniture could really help in brining a sense of "life" to dungeon maker..
  6. ARCHIVED-Kesstryl Guest

General_Info wrote:
    Yes I would also love a ship, sans pirate theme though, just a regular ship like the T3 guild hall ammenity, something you can put inside a player house like the halfling island and walk around on.
  7. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Kesstryl wrote:
    yeah i'd love that myself but it really isnt a player studio thing as it is already complete and wouldnt need any modification unless a fellow player decided to tinker with it for a while and create a new ship out of it.
    come to think of it a suken partially coral covered version on that ship would be cool.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

and it also has to stay under a 2k polygon limit. so things like statues/ships are probably not doable either.
  9. ARCHIVED-Solisnight Guest

There are a few items that have been on my wish list since the studio was announced, I am hoping that even if they aren't available now they will be eventually:
    • Window Treatments:
      • Curtains + Drapes
      • Blinds
      • Shutters
    • Door Frames (Cutout that fits the current opening doors and GH Door)
    • Carpet Tiles
    • Wall Treatments
      • Wallpaper Tiles
      • Tapesty
      • Needlepoint images
    Sadly being based outside of the US these are items that I personally won't get to contribute for a while.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

remember it also has to keep in the game theme.
    so while drapes and curtains might get in, I doubt shutters and blinds will.
    and what do you mean by carpet tiles? tiles with a fuzzy rugish look?
  11. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Yeah, which made me really surprised to see this thread in 'items and equipment' as you can't really make items or equipment outside of skinned cloaks.
    This is pretty much just for house fluff.
  12. ARCHIVED-Piestro Guest

Love this thread. :)
  13. ARCHIVED-MalletMan Guest

I'd suggest the type of cloth armor like EQ1 has for its magic users. Players could also make the rest of the Station-Cash Heritage Armor sets. A third could be introducing Lances into the game.
  14. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

no weapons or armor though. unless it's a house item.
    I'm mostly trying to figure out blender and I'll prolly try to make a mounted sword.
    but that is a thing that wasn't brought up at SoE live about it as far as copyright stuff:
    if I wanted to take famous weapons from Eq1, and design it for an Eq2 house item, would that be allowed?
    anyone that knows me knows I been dying to see NAture's Defender back in game from EQ1 since Velious was released. and if I had to make it as a house item, I would.
  15. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

We'll be able to make hair, and thus we should theoretically be able to make hats.