Player Studio ideas -Fellow decorators, help me make my mind up

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Orpiment, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Orpiment Member

Okay - I have some modeling tuts to do up for a friend, and when I'm taking a break from making transmapped hair, I thought I'd work on a few things for the PS.

I've been mulling over ideas for proper faucets and shower heads and the like. Some perhaps flower shaped and old style hand pump-ish. So if there's a style of something you'd like that would fit with the EQ2 theme, post some pics and help me make my mind up...

I also wanted to work up a few paintings to try out - but I'm not sure what kind of artwork everyone wants. I know what I want, and I have to make some character models up to render for scenes, but I do have some examples of a few things...Just not sure what people would want more...landscapes, animals, people, everything?

Dark Lady Portrait
    Funky Mermaid
    Dragon Pair
    Baby Dragons
    Secret Garden
    Stranded Pirate

These guys are shirtless - hopefully linking to them won't get me in trouble....(please, I promise it's just a few guys without their shirts on)
    Hades
    Elf Guys 1
    Elf Guys 2
    ShyMidnight likes this.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Are these examples your work or just ideas? Really it is best to look at the art style within EQ and figure out how your idea can emulate it. I currently have 2 submissions in the process of review myself; a pair of dark-wizard themed tabled. I personally have a loving for Dragons myself but there is a sufficient lack of Pirate themed things though most EQ2 Pirate stuff is either Troll or Gnomes if you were to go with that.
  3. Orpiment Member

Those are just samples of some of my renders to do up for paintings, more for an over all theme to decide on, cause I'm having issues making up my mind. :oops:
    ShyMidnight likes this.
  4. Arwenna New Member

Great artwork! I'm impressed! I have 3 i would recomend you put up .... The Dark Lady is very nice! Dragon Pair if fantastic! and Secret Garden is great! I like all three of them. And Elf Guys 2 is my favorite of your 'guy' pictures ;-p
    I would have a hard time deciding which to put up also ... but I would definitely put up both Dragon Pair and Secret Garden both have great decorating possibilities. I especially like Dragon Pair because of the detail in your dragons is fantastic and I like the expressions on them. Secret Garden because of the textures and the colors ... the lilacs are wonderful! It is a very intimate and romantic painting I think and would love to place it in my bedroom!
    ShyMidnight likes this.
  5. ShyMidnight Active Member

Love them all, especially Elf Guys 2, Hades, Dragon Pair, Secret Garden, Dark Lady, and Stranded Pirate. Would love you to do more with women, and with lovers/couples etc. ;) The mermaid is scary, very Nights of the Dead-ish.

Your people art is great at showing character, I like that much. I think shirtless is fine, just lolz very low cut on Elf Guys 1 Eeeeks!!! :p ;)

Rock on!

SM
  6. Orpiment Member

Hmmm...maybe I'll work up some lovey dovey types and see if I can get them done before E-day rolls around.
    ShyMidnight likes this.
  7. ShyMidnight Active Member

That would be fantastic! :)

Your flower faucet ideas are nice too, maybe a trumpet flower that curves downward. If you make the faucets, it might be nice to have them come in gold and silver colour choices, or maybe with crystal/cloisonne handles.

Faucet links, quite interesting re how they're mounted etc:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-94885519/stock-photo-antique-faucets.html
    http://www.decorstuff.com/vintage-v...m-faucet-with-soap-dish-holder-antique-brass/

If you're in the mood, you could be super at creating your own brand of luxury clawfoot antique bathtubs, maybe one that's higher on one end than the other. I wouldn't mind a pale pink bath. ;)

SM
  8. Lndi Member

Love the faucet ideas. You are very talented. Here are a few things I know I would buy and several of.. Would love to see these made.

Wishing and water type wells
    Windmill, they have one on eq1.. so want it!!!
    Fencing, more and more, picket, rock wall like from ireland, low height etc
    Gates and trellis
    more plants

Just a few things I would go broke on buying hehe.
  9. Aderissah Member

As far as paintings go, I would like to see more landscapes, but not so specific in EQ2 location. Just some paintings of ponds, lakes, trees, hills, etc. They are great to use as windows and we really dont have very many!
    Afista likes this.
  10. Kisy Active Member

I love the antique faucet !!! Please submit one like that and I would buy it ( pending they don't ask an arm and a leg for it )