Player Icon on map color change

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hardly, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Hardly New Member

I'm a color blind player, and the red icon that represents the player in the map is very difficult for me to see over the mostly brown land areas.

Is there a setting or some type of control to adjust the color of the player icon? it would be much easier for me to see if I could make it blue or some lighter color.

Overall, it would be great if there were more customizations for color blind people, but the map icon is the biggest challenge for me.

Thanks,
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

EQ2Interface.com is where I'd ask. Are you using EQ2Maps? If so, ask on that forum specifically.

I haven't looked closely to see if the player icon is actually one of the icons from the image DDS files or not. If it is, it would just be a matter of editing the DDS file (which can be done in Photoshop with a DDS plugin, for example).
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I went ahead and started a post on the EQ2Maps forum asking about that indicator. If it's a graphical icon, it should be easy enough to change the XML to point at a different icon that you can see distinctly. If it's entirely XML, that's even easier. We'll see what the programmer says.