Pirate's Perception can damage and kill group members

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chath, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Chath Well-Known Member

Earlier tonight, I got the killshot on a group member through a Pirate's Perception proc. While a novel experience to be able to PK a group member, this probably is not intended. From glancing at logs, it looks like it occurred when casting nightmares or maelstrom - a damaging ability with a triggered healing effect on group members. Presumably the same could happen for any hostile/beneficial effect like that.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

There are multiple encounters in Vetrovia that turn heals in to damage if you don't follow the script properly.

Without specifying where and on which encounter this happened, it's not possible to say whether it was a bug that caused it or not.
  3. Chath Well-Known Member

This happened on any encounter in multiple zones - trash, named, whatever. The vast majority of times it wasn't noticeable because it's only an 80 million damage hit on players, and only procs when casting nightmares or maelstrom. I would have never noticed if I hadn't gotten a killshot on another player.

Pirate's Perception is also not a heal. It is a damaging proc granted to the group via a Swashbuckler prestige ability buff. My heals worked fine, I was just proccing a damaging effect that normally only hits NPCs on players as well.