Pirate kings strat

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by volume, Feb 15, 2014.

1. volume Member

Is any one willing to provide a strat for this fight? Id like some conformation on what happens when people get ported. Do they kill the adds or do they run back asap? Does running back make the boss come back or does tank need to run and snap it etc. Basically a summary of all the things involved in the fight.

If some one is willing to provide a strat that would be awesome. Sort of like what you can find on eqraiders.com. but sadly no one has provided one there.
  2. scousetroub Active Member

Can just pile them up in one room and burn them now
  3. Nynaeve Active Member

4. Chronus Active Member

There are a few videos out there for it for doing it properly but as Scouse says, you can burn them now with current hp pools and dps.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

That I would say is only really advisable for a lot of Power-regen and healing. Their AE's do rock pretty hard when you stack them.

As Chronus said though, there are videos of doing it right but I suppose since they are no longer considered a progression fight it's ok.

- Tank each pirate in the room they spawn in (Omugra, Vulzag and Vizulig)*
    - One group per room. The center room will have waves of adds spawn this is where your mage group should be and they burn down every wave.
    - Periodically Omugra will emote about mixing it up and call "his wenches" to him. This is when they will become Taunt Immune and memwipe to a random raider who is teleported into the Add room. Each person must run the corresponding Pirate King back to the right Tank. Using Tuzerk's Crystal here will prevent the death of the runners for a short duration.
    - During the fight about every 15 seconds after Vizulig emotes about a lightning storm there will be lightning strikes on the deck. These will stun you and are one of the most common causes of a wipe. One of the runners get's stunned while taking a Boss back to the Tank.
    - At 35 percent they will emote about Witchdoctors. They can spawn in any room and are invisible. Totems of the Cat will allow you to see them. A single scout in your raid will be cursed. This scout is the only one who can damage the Witchdoctor and he must run to the right room and kill it or the Kings will heal.

*Pretty sure I messed up the 3rd Kings name.
  6. Snapshot Active Member

ae avoids.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

True, I forgot that part. Thanks for adding it :)
  8. volume Member

sweet thank you very much Estred that's what I was looking for. If I have further questions I'll send you a pm, seems you know the fight good. Thanks.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

If you've never killed PKs before, you're guild isn't likely to be able to fight them in one room either. Its as much about killing them fast enough to do this as it is being able to deal with the heals and power drains.

Estred's strat above is basically the fight. Things that help people breaking into the fight are:
    1) Peaceful Link is more trouble than its worth, don't need the person running the mob back to proc a position down. In general position downs durring that process are not desired.
    2) There are runes and other effects available now with increased runspeed, they do in fact help.
    3) Tanks having a button that contains a macro "/tell %a bring %t to Me in <whatever> room." I actually have that repeated 10 times in a macro, so I know someone sees it. So as soon as my target memwipes I mash that button and the person knows where they need to be running.
    4) Killing the adds in the port room extremely fast is critical as they cast aoe stuns and slow the whole running back to tank process down.