Piercing the Darkness help pls

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by BaldNinja, Jun 24, 2023.

1. BaldNinja Member

I am up to the point where I need to create the Lightning Tracker mach 2.

I keep making them and using, but I get nothing but some green mist type floating wisps around me, but no orange tracker waypoint guide.

I tried using both mach 1 and mach 2 at same time, but still nothing special when i use 2 at the point that 1 brings me to.

yes, I am in the Aurelean Coast.
    Getting tired of constantly farming the mats to keep making these! what could I be doing wrong?
  2. Traesta Member

Hopefully this will help you out:

From the Wiki ( https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Piercing_the_Darkness:_Gifts_from_the_Great_Beyond_Part_III ):

1. Use an Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach II to track the location of and then gather 3 Seeped Shadows
    • Examples of locations for Seeped Shadows. ( 143, 62, -301 ) or ( -218, 10, -452 )
    • Note: You will need to craft two more Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach II to locate each Seeped Shadows, each takes an Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach I. Other players can harvest your tracked Seeping Shadow so craft extras. See Discussion for tips on obtaining Seeped Shadows.
    • NOTE: Cast one Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach II at a time. Once you cast one, a little bug will fly off and you will be able to see where it went on your map. After collecting one, change you location like other side of the river or up a other hill. No need to zone out and back in again.
    • Note: You don't "loose" a tracker, when the tracker doesn't find any nearby
    Twyla likes this.
  3. BaldNinja Member

Wow. How did I not see this?
    Thanks. Will try today :)
  4. BaldNinja Member

ok, the step of "test the advanced lightning tracker mach 2" is not updating. the waypoints are for the seeped shadows. I keep using the mach while in the coast but not updating past Piercing the darkness gifts... pt 2 :(
  5. Traesta Member

Harvest the materials needed while in Aurilean Coast if you have not been. Try moving to around one of the waypoints and then use the tracker, the little firefly (green wisp) should take off and leave a trail for you to follow..it sounds as if maybe you are to far away from one for it to find.

It's been a long time since I've done the quest so I'm trying to go by memory on it.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. BaldNinja Member

yea. i go to the waypoints that step 3 has in the wiki, but nothing. nothing takes off, just multiple green floating spots. and part 2 is to "test" it, update 3 is to follow it... i dont know... i went ahead and bought tons of the mats and made a lot of the portable stations so i can keep trying different things.
  7. BaldNinja Member

i dont get why nothing happens
  8. BaldNinja Member

got it!

i never "look closely" at the MAGIC Ironsprocket item. I used teh mach 2, then looked at and, and got both updates, then a 3rd as it caught up with itself.

thanks for the help all the same!
    Kaitheel likes this.