Picture of our quest armor..

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Maul, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Maul Guest

Requested, due to the "pink" controversy..

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Theory Guest

awe it doesnt look that bad at all i was thinking it was; gonna look .. like pink rabbit pink .. or fluffy pink . this is more of like .. i dunno .. high class pink
    Message Edited by Theory on 12-03-2004 10:04 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-PortBow Guest

lol, too pink for me. Do I have to do the quest?
  4. ARCHIVED-Theory Guest

if u want ur lvl 20 armor .. i mean u can buy other armor .. but .. of corse ud have to actually pay for it
  5. ARCHIVED-PrometheusO Guest

Not as bad as I thought but still be nice if those pink areas were green instead. It's ok if it provides some real nice special benefits like resist and all that stuff. I wish it was green.
  6. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

What weapons are equipped in that picture, Maul? Where'd you get 'em? how much? ;) Stats? Feed me information!!!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Mishal Guest

I'm not one to come here to complain about in-game issues, but pink?! We're Rangers. We're supposed to be outdoorsman that sneak around unnoticed.

Was Richard Simmons hired to do a special signature design for Ranger armor? I can just see him sitting at his design desk, rocking out in his seat with 'Macho Man' blaring from stereo, doodling 'I <3 Legolas' all over in various pastel shades.......

Please do us all a favor and change this to a different color. This pink armor makes me think fondly back to Tolan's and its shade, known game-wide as 's**t-brown'.
  8. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

I really dont' see how pink makes you think of Tolan's Darkwood -- that color brown was pretty appropriate for a ranger, considering it was supposed to be armor made of petrified WOOD. not a lot of green petrified wood...

;)

but yes, pink = teh suck
  9. ARCHIVED-Theory Guest

that color is actually makeing me rethink about wot dirrection i turn at lvl 18 ... betraying for an assasin subclass is starting to look good
  10. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Armor expires in like, 10 levels. By 30 you'll be wearing fey steel. Don't stress it :p
  11. ARCHIVED-Lotholos Guest

I wouldn't worry to much about the armor color issue. Once you start hunting regularly in The Steppes better armor will drop than your quested armor. So soon you will be scrapping it anyway.
  12. ARCHIVED-RangerManTOG Guest

Very true about the drops...Sweet drops. Most of what I've seen has been heavy though...not much for me to wear yet :(

The benefits on the armor far outweigh the ribbing your going to take for a few levels for wearing it. You'll get better stuff and move on...no biggie...least we're not stuck wearing dresses till 40 like in L2.
  13. ARCHIVED-Maul Guest

That is a dual setup of "Weighted Spatha of Battle" swords.. you get them from a Centaur Captain that roams the north bandit camp in Thundering Steppes with two bodyguards. Very good stats and 1.2 speed. I also have a dual setup of steel stilettos, about the same stats bonuses, a little more dmg and a 1.4 speed.. when I want to go piercing.
    I'll edit this later and post the stats when I'm in-game.
  14. ARCHIVED-tekanon Guest

Ahh just a suggestion... but since we r RANGERS shouldnt our armor be including a CLOAk with HOOD?? That would be the Coup de gras and look pretty darm NICE over all. ( and it will hide most of the BARBIE ARMOR!!!)
  15. ARCHIVED-Kinluil Guest

Wait, I have a question. I recievedthe gloves and they dont look like the ones in the picture, they just look Grey. Something wrong with my graphics setting or what?
  16. ARCHIVED-Rents Guest

The Gloves look "different" because he has his graphics set to very high quality, a luxery most of us don't get to use, I use it only for taking Screenshot, and thats non-combat, also.

As for the "pink" armor, I can't see why a graphic is causing such an uproar on the boards, find something better to complain about, maybe the amount of Adept drops for our class we see, however I think all classes adepts might be hard to find, whatever. The devs have more important things to worry about, like the memory leak problem from cities, the collision problem from fish, not something mearly cosmetic as an armor color, not that it would take long to change. No worries, it will proubly get changed, however I think most of use will have outgrown it, before that happens.
    Sorry for ranting, but this is all I see on this board anymore.

*edit* all scout quest armor from Qeynos are the same color. So I think they were going for something that wouldn't look biased towards any particular subclass
    Message Edited by Rents on 12-04-2004 01:11 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Maul Guest

Mine were gray also until I went in and changed my graphics to maximum texture quality for characters only. I left world at medium, ..then I could see that they were chainmail.

You'd be surprised what you're missing without maximum textures turned on just for characters.

Game still seems to run fine, and I have an old computer. 1g of ram, 1.8 processor.. 9800pro...
  18. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

thats going to look fantastic on my female eurodite :) stop your ******** !!!!!