Pickclaw Depths, Nurgal question

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Malachi, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Malachi New Member

My guild is just getting to the point where we have enough folks in ToV quested and Cryptic gear to start exploring the heroic ToV zones. Nexus, High Keep were fine, but we ran into a wall at the second name in Pickclaw Depths. The fight with Nurgal - he's resetting the encounter when we get him to 50% health, for no apparent reason. The zombies get close and go boom, fine. The det has to be cured asap so we don't croak, fine. Avoid getting many zombies close together when the boom, fine. Tank in one room, tank in the other room, no difference. No red text, no clue as to what the hell is causing the reset.
    What are we missing?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

If he gets outside of the room he spawns in, it can break the encounter. This can occur both by player movements and if you just tank him out of the room. That at least is what reset him for me.
  3. Malachi New Member

hmmm it reset no matter which room we had him in - the room with the safes, or the larger room at the bottom of the stairs. Our initial attempts were contained entirely in the smaller room. After repeated resets, we tried pulling him into the bigger room, to the same effect - reset at exactly 50% (and not the moment when we pulled him into the bigger room). It's odd that he's always resetting at exactly 50% health, regardless of context. Smells like some fail clause that we're just not understanding, hence my query.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Hm, it's not something I can say I have experienced. I will try to run Pickclaw today and see if I can reproduce this error and get back to you. In the meantime perhaps someone else will have an idea.
  5. Skeezie Active Member

We're getting the same issue on Test - resets in both rooms.
  6. Sylke Well-Known Member

We had it happen once to our group in the small room. Moved into the big room and he went down without a hitch.

I know another guild group was having it happen constantly in both rooms. Not sure if they got past it or not.
  7. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

That happend to us once as a pet died in the fight.

Did run the zone yesterday without any troubles except dying a little too often due to talking too much.. was fun though =)
  8. Malachi New Member

thanks for the replies. We did have a conji in the group, so it's possible that a pet croaked. that's a bug, tho, right??! why would pet death force a reset when the mob gets to 50%? it's doesn't seem right that all groups with pets are banned from passing this name if their pet happens to pass during combat. my guild is especially screwed, as a few of our conjis or necros are our only DPSers furthest along in gearing for ToV, thus far.