Personea Reflection?

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-anastasia1224, Aug 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-anastasia1224 Guest

Pardon my noobness,but was wondering before I research my next master,how does having the master compare to having the adept3? Is there a really noticable difference?
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

It is better, but not by much.
  3. ARCHIVED-kittenboy8 Guest

Meh, when i test on the dummy i do around 5k, and the pet does around 500dps with tc, if that counts as anything.
  4. ARCHIVED-TuxDave Guest

There's a really minor difference but I got it anyways just because I never got a master Personae (and didn't want to pay the 300pp on the broker)
  5. ARCHIVED-Annubi Guest

I recently returned to the game after a very long absence, and generated a new illusionist because I so enjoyed playing an enchanter in EQ forever ago.

Now that the short introducion is out of the way...

Does that spell (personae reflection) creep anyone else out?

I've given up an inventory slot to a spare robe so that my pet doesn't look exactly like me...
  6. ARCHIVED-jeremyhwilson Guest

Annubi wrote:
    Yeah it freaks me out sometimes as well. I feel like I'm being followed at times. Other times I see it run up behind me after I have just traveled or landed somewhere and I think "Ok who's this thats just come up behind me." and check for a character name, "Oh hell it's just my Personea."
  7. ARCHIVED-Buneary Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

That is the reason why you will rarely see me out of an illusion. Mostly in Sporic Form (Because its Awsome Slow fall on horse = owns). Though i will go Drachnid or Yah-Lie some times depending how i feel. I also try to blend into my suroundings so Yah-Lie in Veksar and the like. Drachnid for LP instances.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jagone Guest

Master Personea does 300-500 dps. The real reason to master them is for their CC abilities. Master Personae casts Master level spells. Its real nice when their stuns and stifles do not get resisted.
    If you want to get the most bang for your buck from the Research Assistant, master the Personae only after you master your damage spells.
    My Personae was the 6th spell I mastered, after all my commonly used damage spells were mastered. It brought a smile to my face when the RA sent the spell; the lowest price on the server for the master was like 400 plat, and I did receive a level of satisfaction knowing I just thumbed my nose at the ^&*% selling the spell so high.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zephanor Guest

And that's the key... it casts master level spells regardless of whether you have the same spell mastered or not. It's a nice plus especially when soloing.

As for it being an exact copy it's not a bother to me. I'm a dark elf and DE's tend to be rather vain so I like it. I do shrink him so it's not as bad and easy to differentiate. Sometimes when I want to mess with folks I'll disable illusions on me (I have it set off by default) use the moppet to shrink myself and keep the pet full size. It's funny especially when folks interact with it rather than me, heheh.

If you want to get slick just cast a group illusion while you have illusions disabled and it will change to that race. Careful in groups as some folks get bent out of shape when we do this ("Hey! Who turned me into a #@*! human?!?") What I really, really miss is when this would turn the pet into a cute female. Now that was pleasant to have following you around everywhere you went! Every now and then I'll use the gnoll group illusion then the boy illusion and run around as the boy and his dog except I can't keep it up long as the stupid gnoll snarls all... the... time... Plus it resets after you zone. Hey, we're illusionists! We SHOULD be able to do crazy things like this.