Personal Fuel Depot - only 50 slots?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by santargria, Nov 3, 2014.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

Doesn't it make sense to expand this a bit?

If I'm not mistaken, many of us craft in our homes thanks to not only the harvesting ponies, but also the goblin as well as the crafting stations - why then is the personal fuel depot so limiting when the personal harvest depot is not limiting at all?

Makes no sense to me - can we get this expanded?
  2. Purrako Active Member

The majority of the player base don't care one way or the other.
    A small subset feel as you do that they should be expanded (as do I)
    A very tiny minority feel that expanding them would either:
    a) take up dev time on something more important
    b) devalue guildhall fuel depots
    c) make world self-destruct somehow and ruin the game
    d) they learned how to work around it so everyone else should jump through the same hoops they did.
    Malfaer and santargria like this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

I know you're not saying this, but this is by far the lamest excuse for anything in MMO's - I've heard it so many times about various issues/features/enhancemnets and amazed how immature a response it is and the people touting it don't even realize it :(

Want a work around? Try not using a cell phone for a week - "I had to walk to school up hill in the snow, with no shoes - get tough" :D
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

It's better than it was in testing thank goodness (think it was 20 or 25 slots which was absolutely horrible).
    50 doesn't cover it currently and it'll get worse with the new expansion because that's a full set more of fuels we'll need.

Devs were the ones that offered up most of the reasons why not :(. Same reasons offered for the weirdness that depots were made house lore despite it not making it at all like someone can't have a dozen houses with depots in each one.

Currently, workaround aren't awful. I stuff some of everything in a sales crate placed in my crafting house, fill it with fuels and list them for sale at cost. All my alts can access it if they need fuels I can't fit into the fuel depot. Big downsides however, are people will buy up the fuel. I don't know why but they do. Also, silver and free account's can't purchase from home so they are out of luck.

If we didn't have a new tier coming plus specialty holiday fuels usable year round it would really only be tier one stuff left out, but as it stands it's really building up to needing a second house with a second depot (and possibly second crafting set up) to split it between tiers :(.

Good luck getting them to change it.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

This has been a fairly hot topic since the depot was introduced on beta. It's as big as it is because of decorating using a wide range of fuel. It's really only a problem if you use the full range of crafters. Even if you do, It's easy enough to just have one class (sage is ideal) not use the depot. Everything else fits and Frostfell stuff can be in its own house.