Personal and Guild Status Point questions/clarification.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Sethar, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Sethar Guest

Had some questions about Status Points (Personal/Guild).

I have been doing some various searches on the forums and I am getting some conflicting information, along with some outdated information. I just wanted to post what I've learned and please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this (I'm sure I am):

You must be in a guild to earn status points, do writs, buy items using status points, etc.

10% of any status you earn goes towards your guild if you are a patron. If you are just a member, you don't contribute to the guild status at all.

Having more than 12 patrons affects the speed of exp gain (imposes a penalty) for the guild. If you have patrons that have zero status, and never earn status, it hurts your guild.

If you quit a guild, the guild loses all your status points but it does not affect the guild's experience level. When you join a new guild, they do not get your previously contributed guild points (it is reset to zero). Your personal status is unaffected (you retain it, although it is not visible until you join a new guild).

You do not spend Guild Status points. The sole purpose is for gaining guild levels. Merchants never take from the Guild Status points, only from your personal status points.

Writs yield status points based on guild level, not personal adventuring level.

Doing a bunch of writs with Academy of Arcane Science builds up faction with that group. It does not lower faction with others (such as Freeport Militia, Dismal Rage, etc.)

Each faction has its own vendor of items you can buy with personal status points, based on your personal faction level with that group (not the guilds overall faction).

City Merchants sell items based on your guild level, using personal status points to purchase.

As long as you are in a Guild and meet the guild level requirements or faction requirements, you can buy any items you want from City Merchants or faction specific vendors. (Meaning that there is no difference if you are a patron or a regular member of the guild)

You get discounts on items such as horses or houses, based on guild level. The cash price goes down, but you have to pay personal status points.

If you quit a guild but have a house that requires status points, you will not be able to earn personal status points (except by selling status point items to the appropriate people) effectively causing you to eventually "lose" your housing when your personal status pool dries up. (You don't really lose it, you just can't walk into it again until you pay the upkeep).

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. ARCHIVED-nimrodblack_EQ2 Guest

Sethar wrote:
  3. ARCHIVED-Kellin Guest

Sethar wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-nimrodblack_EQ2 Guest

See...Kellin knew more then me...i think you have all your answers now.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rhonara Guest

Kellin wrote:
    I can verify that my baby Fae regularly does writs and receives personal status points without being guilded.

Rho