People can hear me but I can't hear them

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Yaiten, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Yaiten Guest

I am hooked up to a network with a barricuda router I believe. My dad port-forwarded those ports to my computer.
    Please read on!

So my problem is this, when I talk on the EQ2 voice chat all the people in that channel can hear me. However, I can't hear them, or I should say sometimes I can hear them clearly for like 1-2 seconds and then it's inaudible sounds, or I just don't hear anything but I can see the chat bubble turn green - just no sound.
    Now, I had my dad open up the ports 3478, 5060, 5062 to my computer, and then I started up the game hoping it was going to work. This time the people in the channel can still hear me, but I can't hear them nor see any chat bubbles when they are talking. The only thing I can see that indicates they are talking is the other indicater I don't know what to refer to it as, but it says so-and-so is talking (it has the picture of the mic, the face, and something else, sorry going off from memory).
    I had a great idea, why don't we connect my computer straight to the cable box. So we did it. WALAAHHH, works perfect to where they can hear me and I can hear them. Now my father says nothing outgoing is blocked, and we opened up those ports they said to open.
    Can someone tell me why it works when it's plugged directly into the cable box, and how I can fix it to where I can have it work over the network. Is there unknown ports that I don't know about? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    If there is any other information you need I'll be glad to submit.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yaiten Guest

Maybe you guys can't even see this lol. Well I'll keep waiting!
  3. ARCHIVED-wullailduo Guest

To run the game properly and possibly fix your problem , set up 'port triggering' for the range of ports between 1023 to 65535 if it's available on that router , it's better and more secure than opening ports permanently on your router.

Try that and see what happens.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yaiten Guest

Thanks, I'll definitely give that a go and see how that works, or if I can even do that with my router.