Paying expansions with Game cards

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by elzihua64, Nov 25, 2012.

1. elzihua64 New Member

I live outside the USA, and have a lot of issues trying to paid with a CC for the expansions,Why don´t SOE takes as payment method their own Game Cards?. Im not saying that you pay for the expansions with SC, instead, why dont SOE put an option where the value of the Game Card, the amoun tof dollars you paid for the card can be used to purchase the expansions. As an example if i want to pay for the CoE standard edition, i have to submit three $15 dollars Game Cards,they can do that the same way they charge for Game Time (1 $15 dollar Game Card for 30 days of subscription). Sadly not everyone has a CC or paypal account, and doesnt live in a first world economy, but ironically, game cards are more easy to get here.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

You are referring to redeeming the card itself as payment towards an expansion instead of the redeemed SC? I can see where that is a valid question. The reason that SC itself is not allowed due to X2 and X3 redeemed SC rewards could effectively cut sony's profits down on expansions. Ask SOE through the in-game petition option under Account and Billing perhaps they can give you a straighter answer on the policy than I can.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

There is discussion about a Krono-like currency that could be used to buy expansions.
  4. elzihua64 New Member

The other option is Paybycash which SOE doesnt support, i have my subscriptions for D&D online and some other games paid this way, it´s simple, you just print a receipt for the amount and go to a 7 Eleven and make the payment, which only is a few dollars more cause of the service. SOE should look into this option, there is a lot of people who will be joining their games, who doesnt havea CC , at least i know a bunch of them.
  5. Gaarysal Active Member

I'm curious, what country do you live in?
  6. elzihua64 New Member

Mexico, Morelia Michoacan, come visit us. :)
  7. Wolfenstrike New Member

I am from Mexico too (not speaking spanish for obvious reasons), I'm from Guadalajara, Jalisco.

I know where you're coming from, SOE used to sell the expansions with the game cards, but I think they said it was too much with their triple Station days or something like that and they decided to sell them separately, divorced from the Station Points. I still think it's a silly decision in SOE's part, especially considering how expensive the game can become for us noobs, but the only way I can see of buying the game is from Steam and if they decide to make a discount (probably by mid december).

I too miss the oportunity to buy the expansions with SC, but sadly, it ain't happening any time soon. BTW, I'm in Freeport server if you wish to lvl with a fellow mexican player. ;)
  8. elzihua64 New Member

Please read my post, what im saying is exactly the reason that SOE couldnt argue about loosing money.
    Im not saying that you pay for the expansions with SC, instead, why dont SOE put an option where the value of the Game Card, the amoun of dollars you paid for the card can be used to purchase the expansions. No triple nor double SC, its another option where you use the Game Cards as currency.
    BTW What's your player name. ill lok for you.