Path to getting raid capable

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Darclone, Jan 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Darclone Guest

Hey guys,
    I'm a returning player starting fresh who quit in early SF. I'm basically wondering what is the best way to gear myself up enough to actually get into a raid guild once I hit level 90. Just run mark zones etc. until i get all that mark armor?
  2. ARCHIVED-Boethius_Permafrost Guest

As a tank, it will be very difficult. If you were a bard, enchanter or healer I'd say you are ready now, assuming you were at least woe equipped in TSO.

Run instances, do a good job, and you will pick up some gear, but more importantly you will have the opportunity to impress people who are in raid guilds, or at least get some loot and playtime needed to improve your performance until you can start impressing people. If you are a good paladin, you should be able to find a spot somewhere eventually.
  3. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Enrico@Permafrost wrote:
    QFE
    Buying all the raid gear guilds sell in channels will not mean you are able to raid on your tank. Basically how I got to be OT of the guild i am in was exacly what Enrico said to do. I was in full BG gear and just running instances. I was capable and impressed the officers of a raid guild. Got invited. Over time got geared up for full T2 atm and am doing well as OT. Once you get into a raid guild and are able to perform and such it becomes easier to go to other raid guilds. Though if you suck at tanking in raids that will be known fast. If you are truely serious you might want to ask some of the people in high end guilds if they have a pally either MTing or OTing raids. If you find one that does find out who that paladin is and ask if he could effectivly be your mentor. There is a lot you can learn from them and dont be shy to ask.