Patcher Problem - Work Around

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-ZUES, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Open up the Everquest file location via windows search. Right click on the APPLICATION folder and it bypasses the launcher. Right click and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Works. I'm in game right now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Baneelk Guest

Worked for me as well
  3. ARCHIVED-scottewillis Guest

Also worked fine for me with right clicking on Everquest2.exe and running as admin
  4. ARCHIVED-House Darkmere Guest

Thanks much, it's not ideal (ideal would be them fixing it), but it's better than not being able to get in at all. Appreciate the information, +1 for the workaround being successful.
  5. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

I would like to take the time to thank C H A D of the guild Genesis for telling me about this. He is the man of all men! Oh and he can no-vote my app if I didn't post this and took all the credit.
    Thanks bro!
  6. ARCHIVED-rainy1 Guest

Thank you much
  7. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Please let me know if you guys are having any trouble logging in
  8. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

TSR-AlexS wrote:
    My launcher problem is "Not my fault". My launcher does not work, but the work around in this thread did. Please stop breaking the launcher!!
  9. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    It is basicly the interaction with the UAC of Windows 7 and the frequent updates, it goes all the way back to Windows Viusta when MS introduced the new security schema. EQ2 is not the only application that has this problem, had it in WOW, LOTR WOT and SWTOR
    The most direct work around is not to put the game in \\Program Files or \\Program Files(x86) becasue it ties into the security schema of windows and run as administrator is the solutiuon.
    to implement the solution create a directory off the root - call it what you want, mine is D:\Games, below that I have a SOE directory and below that are directories called eq2_1, eq2_2, eq2_3, eq2_4 and eq2_t (I have 4 instances of eq2 and one dedicated to the test server), copy all the files from you installation in \\Progam Files into the new directory, uninstall launcher and reinstall it pointing at the new directory.
    Have not had an issue with launcher at all, nowr with the other games that I have installed on the machine, I carry this over to various applicationns also. Basicl only put MS released programs in the \\Program Files directory.
  10. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

this fix works, at least till tuesday when they patch.after tuesday we wont have the new files that they patched and thus the fix will no longer work.
    did anyone figure out how to fix it?
    this forum is full of threads and not one single dev posted a way to fix it so it works how it should.
  11. ARCHIVED-Thor71457 Guest

Tried to log in today.. I get as far click play then it goes to Playing screen goes black like the game is starting ( like it does when things work right ) Then it just stops as if I clicked on the X to stop playing... I start the game again the Lancher comes up and the green box say i am playing already..... I have rebooted a couple of times and stil does not work any idea's ??