Paladins : Confess Here

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Spirited, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Spirited Guest

*stands up*

I am a Paladin, and after scribing Holy Steed, I've climbed my horse and revelled in the attention you get whilst just sitting there. I am not ashamed of my actions.

I've confessed. What about YOU?
  2. ARCHIVED-Edroe Guest

I have to admit. When some n00bs came by me and started shouting "Look, that guys is on a horse!!!!" I really like the attention.
  3. ARCHIVED-Matathios Guest

sry, double post
    Message Edited by Matathios on 12-01-2004 07:41 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Matathios Guest

lol i was on my alt in a group with some noobs and a pally ran by on a horse. they were like starstruck. just staring. it was hiarious
  5. ARCHIVED-Inst1ncT Guest

Hahaha, I can imagine, im just starting the game (lvl 7 fighter) and hope to one day be a paladina nd have my own horse :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Vaiyo Guest

Awww, those noobies are so adorable when they stare.

Er, yes, I confess, the attention is nice. :smileytongue:
  7. ARCHIVED-Bladezilla Guest

As an Ogre Paladin I love standing next to Barbarian Paladins.. it's great knowing my horse will always be bigger. *grins*

- Valcutio Phoenix / Bladezilla Killa -
  8. ARCHIVED-RichieTruxillo Guest

ok ok ok, I confess....With my holy steed and a full suit of vanguard platemail, I felt like quite the "Pally ****" when cruising through Qeynos and Antonica...

And another confession...I cannot help it, I still feel that way!

Long live pallies! :)

With much pally love,
    Richardo Xavier :p
  9. ARCHIVED-Jeddak Guest

Don't need attention but I love the steed. And I find that many who ooh and awe over it think it's a real horse.
  10. ARCHIVED-Khael- Guest

If I could get the effects and remain on foot I would. I find the "attention" annoying to tell the truth. Most of it's a thing of the past now though, when there's 20+ paladins. Was worse when you were the only one on the server.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jeddak Guest

Same here. hehe. One day a large portion of folks will be mounted including our lower level alts and the allure will be off the paladin/sk professions. I wish there was a random pattern for each holy steed spell that was unique to each paladin.
  12. ARCHIVED-Vanion Vilesilencer Guest

WHERE DO YOU GET THE SPELL HOLY STEED ?
  13. ARCHIVED-Vanion Vilesilencer Guest

That was a bit too loud, sorry.
  14. ARCHIVED-Khael- Guest

Try the froglok trainer near the North Qeynos zoneline in Elddar's Grove.
  15. ARCHIVED---Shmafty-- Guest

I confess that I still find it amusing when I forest or mine from horseback. My poor horse (named Lord Fancypants) has so many hatchet and pick wounds around his neck that I fear his head shall soon fall off.
  16. ARCHIVED-Darchangel Guest

I too confess to feeling "proud" and enjoying the attention. But, afterall, we are "Knights". It is about time that EQ2 recognized this. The Paladin has to be the noblest character to play. It all brings us back to the Knights of the Round Table and King Arthur and all that it inspires within us. Even those non-Paladin types take pause as we ride by because of the "history" of the knight and the respect that he demands by his mere presence.

Now, if we could just have the "Sir" title added to our names, then we would truly represent the "Lord" class in EQ2. I feel this would further immerse players into the game, and not just Paladins. Other players' experiences are also improved because the know that there are true "Knights" roaming the world. I mean, after all, what the heck is a Midevil Fantasy game without Knights in shining armor??? :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Tytch Guest

As a Dark Elf Paladin I am very proud of the fact that a lot of people "wow" when they have seen me standing around in NQ or Antonica :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Darkith Guest

Yeah, I was in the first 10 Paladins on Kithicor, probably the first betrayer Paladin on Kithicor and I got a lot of tells about my steed.

Not so much anymore though.

I liked the ooc comments about there being Dark Elves in Willow Wood more. :) Now you can't spit without hitting a betrayer...
  19. ARCHIVED-Andy Davis Guest

Ai, tis true that the horse has brought me much attention. Hm m, a Knight in Shiny Armour. Yeah... I like that. But Paladins are a little overrated, I mean, we fight for a cause, but what cause do we fight for? Just because we fight for something doesn't mean it's the right thing to fight about. I like the way this game has portrayed our class though, and yeah, I love the attention.
  20. ARCHIVED-Darchangel Guest

What do we fight for? To protect the innocent from the evil, the just from the unjust. We are the "police" of the land. Paladins are the "front line" of defense against the encroaching wave of monsters and viscious creatures bent on the destruction of civilization and progress. We fight to protect our glorious city of Qeynos against the vast powers of evil that plague the world! Duh :)

Valoric Soulseer - Level 22 Human Paladin - Permafrost Server