Pains of Herding !!

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

yeah,.. quite appropriately named.

First, the herd is on the outpost just to the left to the dock.

Secondly, the rustler Weylin Slipfoot is found ALL THE WAY on the bottom near the Balloon Conductor (1472, -1090, 932) and can only be found once the herd has given quest update.

Lastly, the required Ykeshan Barracudas!!
    can NOT be Tracked in any way!!!

one has to have the clairvoyance to know to MOUSE-OVER to find them.
    they are just nearby in the water.

[IMG]
    Lateana likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I tested that quest with zero information on test and didn't find it all that difficult. Now all this is from my experience with it on test, but I can't imagine it changed drastically from test to live. I've not yet started any Bristlebane stuff on live.

Got the quest from the guy in Enchanted Lands, quest tells you to go to Moors. The creatures he's supposed to be getting delivered are within sight of the docks. After getting that update I seem to remember seeing a book flashing (quest update indicator) down over the edge on the map. Barracuda, being fish are in the water. I personally assumed since it was a holiday quest & the zone was high level, they'd be close by (and near the bugs the little guy mentioned that are flying everywhere over the area the fish are. If you actually get in the water, it's easy.

The whole quest really leads you by the nose.
    Xianthia, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  3. Evilnok Active Member

not true,you can tab find them for the next step...I was able to do this and it worked just great
  4. Evilnok Active Member

Actually no the quest doesn't...it just says to goto moors...doesn't exactly say where to go when in the moors for both updates and the map shows the first update as if it's on the bottom section of the zone
  5. Gudum Active Member

Easy to find the Barracuda if you swim around and view them from underwater.
    Evilnok and Prissetta like this.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

When I tried it I could not find the barracuda either. The map shows a feather over a transport that you cannot find from below. When you are up above, there is a feather for another transport to below that you cannot find. Both are misleading you to think you should be somewhere else.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I found this quest to be much easier than I expected given all the comments. Find the herd, spot the book on the map. Drop over the edge and go down until you find the missing critter. I found the barracuda easier to see by flying over and looking straight down.
    Shmogre likes this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

It doesn't say exactly where, but it's REALLY hard to miss the bunch of skystriders standing there near the docks.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

On the contrary, they're real easy to miss if you're not looking for them or even stopping and looking around but just passing through, as one would be if one had checked the map and seen the feather for the quest on the far side of the island and down at the bottom by the sea. I can see how that would really mess up the quest, especially if one got down there and there was nothing to see.

I'd say that was definitely worth a bug report.