Pack Pony and Goblin - How to get them please?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Wulfhammer, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Wulfhammer Active Member

Hi,
    I'm low level at the moment but am working on SP to get an Elaborate Desk in my house ASAP.. I hear there is a pack pony and harvest goblin I could get at some point..

How do I go about getting these please? Or (since I'm a lowbie) what should I be doing to get started on getting these?

If anyone knows the quest names I could look up then that would be great if easier..

Thanks in advance...
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

The goblin you get from setting up tradeskill prestige points in your AA - it's the left side tree - be aware that you need 5 points in it to recast every 2 hours

The pack pony - there are several - the first is through the quest line the return to a gathering obession - you have to have completed 1 - 8 and be lvl 90 before being given the quest to get it - after that at lvl 92 there is an upgrade

Here ya go:
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/A_Gathering_Obsession_(EQ2_Quest_Series)
  3. Wulfhammer Active Member

Oh man I am way off from getting that lol

Well at least I know and thanks for the reply...
    santargria likes this.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

It's actually not as far as you may think - I find leveling in tradeskill much easier and faster than adventuring - I usually lvl my toons to 85 in a TS quickly to get the flyer then focus on adventuring

Food for thought
  5. Wulfhammer Active Member

Oh so the flyers are based on TS or Adv level?! Another good tip ty...

Oh and how do I quote a post? The reply button says "reply quoting message" but I never get a quote in there?!
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

When you hit reply for the post your are quoting, it should actually put the quote in there. If that isn't happening you might want to report it as a bug.

A couple of sites that might be useful to you:
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/news_page.php
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Quests_(EQ2)
  7. Wulfhammer Active Member

Think the issue is ****** IE11
  8. Wulfhammer Active Member

9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Chrome also is full of quote-y goodness.

To clarify santagria's initial post:
    [IMG]

The circled tradeskill prestige choice is the one that gives you the gathering goblin. Five points allows you to instantly recast it. However, as santagria alluded, you can't get resources more frequently than every two hours.

Specifically, the quest that gives you the pack pony is The Return Of A Gathering Obsession, which is the tenth quest in that quest line. That pack pony only allows you to get common harvests. However, if you complete the next quest*, A Gathering Obsession Beyond The Grave, your pony will receive the ability to harvest rares in the tiers where you send it (it appears to have close to the same success rate as the goblin for bringing back rares, so you most likely will not get one every time - unless you are extremely lucky). Additionally, during holidays, you gain the option to send the pony to harvest holiday resources for that specific holiday.

* Also, once you complete this quest, the next time you come to the Isle of Mara you will have the option to retain the services of Qho as a merc. This means that, provided you bring a FD apparatus or otherwise have the ability to FD, you can send Qho against all sorts of mobs (that he has no chance of defeating) as payback for all the trouble he caused you along the way. :eek: :D
  10. Canth Active Member

I so am doing this! Thanks for the idea!