Own Your (Old) Home

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Meirril, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

I own all of the old style housing my characters had from when they first purchased it and decorated that house. I've since added more homes to a few of the characters, but even though I can claim the Mistmoor Estates for all of my characters most of them still live in the 2 bedroom housing.

Which really gets annoying when 12 weeks goes by and I realize I haven't paid rent. Because, you know 5 silver is a lot of money. /cough

How about putting in an option to buy these houses outright? I think SoE would prefer they be purchased for SC. I think players would prefer paying plat or status. I think charging 10 years rent up front would be more than enough to make the property yours. Or half the SC cost of a "premium" house for the 6 room estate and proportionally less for each size down. Actually a third possibility comes to mind, how about charging veteran tokens to buy the house?

Using 2 or even all 3 options would be fantastic. Think about it.
    Vallaria likes this.
  2. Vallaria Member

I love the old homes! It's almost all I use for my characters housing.

I totally love the loyalty token idea. :D
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

All you have to do is buy 3 or 4 treasure hoards (depending on whether your account is old enough to claim one) on the loyalty merchant and all coin rent is gone.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the infor, Deveryn. I have the treasure hordes. Yea, no more rent. (I can't decorate Mistmoore Mansion for beans).
  5. Vallaria Member

*faceplam* I keep forgetting about that item! Thank you very much Deveryn. :D
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You're welcome. It's an easy one to forget.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Those really shouldn't stack...but I guess I'm glad they do? Thanks.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

No real reason for them NOT to stack since there are so many prestige homes that also have no rent. It isn't like rent it taking a significant portion of gold from the economy these days. ;)