Overseer harvest rewards, Can it stop?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by pumancat, Feb 22, 2024.

1. pumancat Well-Known Member

Can the Overseer STOP giving harvest items as rewards ? PLEASE?
    Very irritating when trying to stock up on a specific tier and my bag keeps getting over filled with 3 to ten of each item from another tier. Very frustrating to say the least.
    Rant over.
    Riles, Geroblue and Buggabug like this.
  2. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I will gladly take the harvest rewards over the stupid useless potions any day.
  3. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

On the contrary, overseers is a great way to get harvest from old xpacs, including rares, which some of us still want for various things. Leave the harvests in!!
    Twyla, MikeBob2023 and Breanna like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

No kidding!
    Riles, Twyla, Siren and 2 others like this.
  5. Twyla Well-Known Member

Seriously, the harvests from any tier are welcomed happily by me. Now the potions and temp adorns can all burn in the bad place as far as I'm concerned. :)
  6. Zylara Well-Known Member

This here is exactly what most of us feel, harvests at least even if you dont want can sell especially the rares that you can get but the potions and temps are just about useless especially when you take into acct that you get only 1 or 2 and half a million different kinds of those 1s and 2s, just to be even useful youd have to let them build up
  7. pumancat Well-Known Member

Have you all ever tried pack ponies or the harvest plants? The plants auto give rares.
  8. Kenn Well-Known Member

I keep thinking that I better save all that vampire gear that I keep deleting because one day I may have to equip the gear to get into a special dungeon.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

I just wish they'd give us an off switch for the whole Overseer, period. I set it up once on Kaladim, ironically to get my hands on a particular harvest that was otherwise unavailable on that server! I found the whole thing a tedious waste of time that did little but fill my bags with junk. Once I had my tea leaves I prepared to ignore it all. But the game won't let me!

After setting it up on that one character every other character on the account started getting spam popups for it. I had assumed that if I didn't grab the initial /claim item on a given character they wouldn't be bothered with it. Boy was I wrong! And it still hasn't stopped. Every new character I create gets the darn spam before they can even take a step in Norrath. And currently I have toons drowning in stupid level up baubles that they can't even delete as the game gives them more every time they zone.

Setting this up on a single toon seems to have been the worst mistake I ever made in this game. Please give us an 'off' switch! :mad:
    Kenn likes this.
  10. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, I have both and they work hard for me every day. But the overseer stuff, imho, is mostly useless after you get any armor that might be better than what you have (and that you can at least transmute).
  11. Twyla Well-Known Member

Just have them do a single quest, after that you don't have to click the overseer button ever again.
    Kenn likes this.
  12. Kenn Well-Known Member

Has anyone leveled the overseer to the max? I'm on 42 right now. How high does it go? At max level, do you start getting the goods? The status items are nice, sometimes I get a 10 million item, but I have never used any of the potions. I'm starting to use the temp boost items, if I can remember to do it.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Except for every time I create a new character you mean? And that would involve doing 47 tedious quests now. No thank you. 'Optional' comtemt needs to be just that, optional, and not constantly spamming in your face in some way.
  14. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, many people are at max now including me. The max is 50.
  15. Twyla Well-Known Member

Well, if you don't want to do the quest the one time it's required to start the overseer on your account or particular character, then I guess your option is to just ignore the spam about it. It's not required, and my new characters haven't ever gotten any spam about it. Except the game wide one about Zimara being granted and that we can't have it (even though we are actively running it) which was 'fix' for it not granting it at all but now it's something to ignore.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Instead of the various temp boost items accumulating, now they disappear... before I can use them. Instead of my overseer bag full, it is now mostly empty.
    Breanna likes this.