Overall RoR Expansion Feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Rojjr, May 2, 2023.

1. Magdaddy Active Member

I know the feeling. I bet that guy used to rub his hands together thinking about how important his opinion was going to be one day while his character was AFK in his house so he could sell stuff on the broker.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Think JUST the VoV coins would take something like 7 weeks time for 5 people helping you IF you did all solo/heroic/raid weeklies.

Add in training time for the mounts/mercs and the cost to level familiars, or the money spent to immediately unlock mounts, its certainly prohibitive.

Thats not getting into red adorns you really should have from RoR that don't drop at all in VoV for some unknown reason. Maybe theyre removing them with the next expac to simplify things? Thata my hope. More likely, theyre just gonna make us completely refarm them because itemization is incredibly imaginative for the last 7 years.
    Magdaddy likes this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

I think some post here are not playing the same game. [not directed at you] I believe the top end raiders have access to MUCH more than the majority of players, including the gear that comes with it. The statement made about everything can be solo healed is a telling statement at the very least. I play in one of the largest guilds in EQ2 right now and it is challenging to find a grp with the perfect setup and gather people with the skill and gear to do what was explained still. However, I hear the same thing all the time, they have to make the game dynamics the way they do to slow down the 1% and then it's a trickle down for the rest. I myself thrive on the harder content and really enjoy it. Spent time in some of the best guilds on one toon or another. But I also know how cliquey it can get in those guilds and getting groups can be a bear. [Nothing wrong with playing with just your immediate friends, only pointing out facts.]

I spent half of this xpack trying to help people just learn how to set up and make groups that would be successful. But there are just a lot of people that require too much hand holding when running zones. That says the content is becoming challenging to the casual players causing groups, servers and/or the game to lose more and more population. I keep hearing about things talked about in raid council, things that allow the more casual raid team to succeed, at a slower rate but still succeed, then the top 1% call out what needs to be nerfed only after they got all they needed only to slow down the casuals even more. It's common in all facets of life, the haves and the have nots. Yet every xpack we struggle through in the same way. I enjoy the struggle and helping others and assume that's why I subject myself to it and don't just join a more top end guild. But every day I think about it, should I go play with [Insert Guild] and get quicker progress. The answer is still no because I do enjoy the company of a handful of people I group with and we succeed then spend my extra time helping those who aren't quite as crafty but still want to see the content and are willing to at least give it their best.

But as you stated, most of those players are right on the cusp of quitting and the good ones tend to role on to the next top guild to see the progress they can't get in a mid tier raiding guild. A simple adjustment to Support classes and Fighter DPS would make this game a ton more fun for a lot of the folks I see throwing up the white flag each Xpack.

Please eliminate some of the HUGE gaping DPS disparity between the DPS classes and the Support/Fighter/Healer roles.

Just sayin...

[Edit] And for goodness sake, get rid of Bulwark and replace it with Mit / Avoidance checks and give auto attack back to fighter to help with hate gain!
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Extremely well said. This thread has some of the best summaries of current problems plaguing the game outlining why there's an alarming population decline. Gating, class disparity, lack of grouping--even within guilds, non-sensical game mechanics, and just mind numbing fatigue of doing "busy work" and thinking that's creating engagement in game. As one of you noted, within this thread are all the things that need to be done to get this game moving in the right direction.
  5. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

I really hope devs look at this and tone things down for next expansion pack. The trackers, the need for old content, etc. VoV felt more of a community than RoR. And not just the PQs. I really want to explore more of this content.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

At least prepare to see the live and its population skyrocket with this clock event. This is surely the advantage of this new way to replenish deserted server, as they do for Kael.
    Afterwards, is this the right way to really make this server attractive? I don't believe. This will surely bring some dozen of players who will try live maybe.

Now you see a 'event' only on a say server means = that server needs more players, that's why WE re doing this.
    Prepare for a PvP event in 4 months.
    I left after vov, happy to to have gone on the tle .
    Reading you, it still makes you not want to go back
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

This question only attracts crickets.
    Gating is the reason I am in a Guild alone today and have been for years.
    Please see below.

You may want to read the whole post. I diced it up for this purpose.
    If they only knew the true percentage that the 1% cost them.
    It's heartbreaking.

SolarFaire and Raeven like this.