"Outdoor" Simulation Objects

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Llaine, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Llaine Member

Hey everyone,

Today I have a new question for all you lovely decorators. I am trying to decorate a T3 Qeynosian GH and in an attempt to make the whole thing a little less grotesque I had the idea to convert the courtyard area into a sort of outdoor forest environment with stables and festivals stands to house some of the amenities. In order to do this however I will most definitely need a lot of items that can help me simulate this outdoor environment such as plants and trees.

My question to you all is, apart from the Moonlight Enchantments items, which objects do you guys use to simulate outdoor environments for a rather large surface (the courtyard can, of course, not be compared to a normal GH room in size and would thus require different measures).

Thanks in advance for your replies, input and help!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

3. suka Well-Known Member

also you might like looking at different places with an outdoor theme
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I know of a t3 Freeport guild that just did a breakout and used some of the commonlands as their guild area. I don't think they used the guild hall area at all, just used a teleporter to bring them to their commonlands camp. If you really hate the standard t3 gh (I think it's ugly) maybe you could try a breakout?
  5. suka Well-Known Member

ugly and looks like a nightmare to get around in. i get lost going from the front door to the upstairs lol.
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Right. Plus I don't want to run seven minutes to reach a loom or the forge.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Clan Mawr did the same thing as the Freeport guild did, only in Antonica. I don't know if the leaders had access to the inner, actual guild hall area, but what I remember from being there was you went in through the usual portal and were greeted by a very "shallow" "outdoor" garden area, quite heavily planted, that had about 100 items or so in it. Most of it directed you over to a ginormous teleport pad, that blipped you right back outside again into "Antonica," where they had most, if not all, of their various "rooms." There was an area for crafting, with everything but the Banker, over in the li'l bottleneck canyon on the way to Stormhold; they had a travel area, with all the portals, housing stuff, GH attunement thing, etc. on the "Lighthouse Island." They had a "trophy hall," a "banking, etc." area, a Safe Fall training area (waaaay in the middle of the air...), you name it; most areas were several hundred "yards"' apart, and few areas contained more than 100 items, making life much, much, MUCH easier on those of us persecuted by the art devs with our less-than-Win-7-at-least-computers. :-/ Even so, the load time was there, but at least we could do it. And I think they pretty much maxxed their item allotment count, but let me tell you, if half or even a third of that count was right up front at the entrance, I probably would never have gotten in at all.

So! Kudos to those that break the mold! :D

Uwk
    Llaine and Avahlynn like this.