Our place in raids

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-LordPenguin, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-LordPenguin Guest

I was just wondering what we bring to the raiding table in the higher end of the game.
  2. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

(1) Resists - For specific raids our disease and poison resists are important to keep the tanks up. Paired with a couple other classes we can really boost up some resists to well over 4K.

(2) Power Recovery - While many of our Hearts are broken, they are still useful to have for Fighter/Priest who have no easy way of replenishing themselves on their own. We are very good at getting our power back mid-fight. The items are still more awkward to use sometimes, but it's all we got... Train your Fighters and Priests to use them.

(3) DPS - With tank pet and spells, we deal large amounts of damage over the course of most raid fights. Depending on circumstances we can reach significant DPS. During any raid with 2 or more necromancers you (generally) will do much less damage because of stacking issues. Occasionally there are raid mobs with 100% resistance to any spell we cast (most of the golem graphic raid mobs are immune to us), yet Warlocks and Scouts can still land poison/disease damage.

(4) Wipe Recovery - Necromancers get Feign Death and Rezz... A very useful combo for some raids in which the force has a vested interest in recovering after a wipe (think Lord Nagalik), a skilled necromancer can easily move away, FD, and rezz an entire raid force with some preparation and experience.

Outside of those 4, I can't think of much else.
    Message Edited by Necronstreksis on 06-07-2005 02:34 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Necron has pretty much covered it but i would like to add one more point. Which i would infact put at our number 1 utility in raids.

DEBUFFS - We are the biggest debuffers in the game almost on the level of a defiler/ mystic.
    We debuff all beneficial magic spells, spell avoidance, STR, AGI, poison and disease mitigation.

Just see how much a warlock will increase in dps with a necro and you will see the biggest utility :smileyhappy:
  4. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

Have a necro and a warlock and you two are hell. A necro does his disease debuffs anlong with necro buffs, and the both of you can do monster DPS.
  5. ARCHIVED-Najjt Guest

Is there a pre-made list of all our debuff spells together with what they debuff?