Our new uber AoE will be SO useful after this change....

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Magiocracy, Aug 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

*** Combat Changes ***

- Added the /lock command, which locks the targeted encounter if the user of /lock is a member of the group that first engaged the encounter. While an encounter is locked, it will prevent players outside the locking group from assisting or interfering with the fight.
    - NPCs will now space their spells and combat arts out more evenly, making it so the beginning of the fight will not be considerably more difficult than the remainder of it. Previously, a creature would often use all of its power very early on during combat.
    - If you use an area-of-effect spell or combat art on a mesmerized NPC, it will now affect it appropriately.
    - You will no longer run faster than normal if encumbered and invisible or sneaking.
    - Bard and Enchanter power regeneration songs and spells will now stack with each other.

Haha, unless this means something other than what I think it means (pending verification from test), it looks like SOE have managed to find a new way to screw Warlocks even more.
    Message Edited by Magiocracy on 08-24-2005 01:57 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

You have to appreciate and admire their imaginativeness though...:smileywink: :smileysad:
  3. ARCHIVED-Nazowa Guest

Since they are turning Enchanters into mini Sorceror's I guess this is part of the plot to undermine their CC role.
  4. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Hmm, which do you think is more likey :

Raid Leader : Enchanters please don't use any Mez spells. There's no point since our Warlock will be AEing

or

Raid Leader : No AE from anyone please now that it breaks Mez, crappy though Mez now is.

I wonder....

Actually I can almost hear the twisted logic behind this echoing from SOE HQ

Dev1 : Those Warlocks are whining about how awful their dps is now. They don't like all the lovely dots and pets we've given them. Ungrateful bunch.

Dev2 : Oh, I know - since we want Warlocks to be an AoE class, why don't we give them more AoE dps by letting them damage mezzed mobs.

Dev1 : Great idea ! That's the best idea you've had since you desinged that fantastic new teleport spell for them. Warlock's will be really happy with this change !

/Sigh...
    Message Edited by Magiocracy on 08-24-2005 01:19 PM
    Message Edited by Magiocracy on 08-24-2005 03:44 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

oh wow its now time to reroll as a wizard now :(
  6. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

The change may not mean what we think it means, so until we have verification from someone playing on test that AoE direct damage now breaks mez, it COULD mean something else.
  7. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

But well, it sure looks like that. My wizard alt is lvl 8 now, pausing him now so i can get vitality on him to lvl him faster after that...*sigh*
  8. ARCHIVED-Vanrael Guest

I really do hope that this means something else, but I can't really think of anything else that it would?

I mean, why? *sobs*

Oh well.
  9. ARCHIVED-Calypsi Guest

When do you actually mez mobs? I can think of 2 raids is all. I really don't think this is a big deal. I am fairly happy with the changes besides the fact that our 51 dd should do closer to 3k dmg, and that they nerfed grisly contract so bad.

Calypsi
    50 Warlock
    Faydark
  10. ARCHIVED-tiki-jiki Guest

I think most of the problem is that they are giving us pet dots, and wizards get another level 50 3k nuke. Give us something comparable and i can live with stupid little sludges dotting my opponent. i dont have much of a problem with the 1-50 changes.
  11. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Fundamentally I agree - 1-49 changes make sense and I rather like. Give me a Warlock equivalent to Surging Tempest and I'll be content too.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jordann Guest

Maybe they mean that green backround spells wont break mez, but will damage the target, like back in the old days. :) Good for Nil, Bad for Devastation
  13. ARCHIVED-Nephrurus Guest

Ok, a bump for this thread.

Has anyone tested out the change to AoE and mez? What does it mean to us?