Our Hawk

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-MorthosethEQ, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-MorthosethEQ Guest

Since its supposedly a hunting hawk, and it doesnt actually hunt anything - i was thinking they should give us a bonus to track or something, since hawks have great eyesight etc - sounds like a good idea to me, then its not 14 silver or whatever wasted
  2. ARCHIVED-Posias Guest

What exactly is the point of the Hawk?

Paladins get a horse to ride that helps with speed but so far the only thing Ive seen the Hawk do is bounce off of the ground when I go down a steep hill.

It is quite comical though :smileytongue:
  3. ARCHIVED-ginathepumpkin Guest

My hawk saved my life today. I was hunting in Steppes killing large crabs on the western beach, and had a run of bad HOs and had to run. Well, crab chased me and i double backed on myself and the crab attacked the hawk that was following me :) Hawk tanked the crab pretty well while i used my ranged skills and finished him off. I know 99% of the time its just for show but i was glad to have him today :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Timtim Guest

If you want a good laugh, activate your Pathfindign and sprint and then you can outrun the horse. It's kinda juvenile but it stops those Paladins being so self righteous.
  5. ARCHIVED-Domyr Farseeker Guest

If you train it, it can come in quite handy. My hawk has saved me from a shards quest more times than I can count. At least four times yesterday. Makes a great decoy when you're running for your life. run...evade...run...evade...run...evade. Eventually the mobs will attack your hawk, and you can either get away or go back and finish them off while your hawk tanks. If you can get a mob to attack him, he'll fight back. Can't tell how much damage - probably not much, but he's a good short term tank in a pinch. Basically, the trick is to get the hawk between you and the mob, aggro the mob, then disappear. Probably not practical day to day, but it's entertaining to practice. I got pretty good at it after a while. Mostly though, I use mine as a decoy - he's most effective that way.

Oh, and don't forget, the ladies love them and they're good conversation pieces for the long trecks when grouped.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neecha Guest

NOW its nice to be a paladin... With Horse... BUT paladin horses are slow We get a HAWK and when we got the cash can BUY a Horse that is much faster than paladins horse.. We get a better deal.. :p

When starting a fight have Hawk up and Stand behind yout hawk use stalk, you go invisible mob often agros hawk giving you time to get behind mob and get a few good back hits off..

When Paladins are complaining later on cuz thier summoned horse is so slow compared to everyone else with a horse you will be glad :p

We were killing centaurs the other day and my HAWK tanked the whole fight ... tanked better than the tank ^^ .
  7. ARCHIVED-Domyr Farseeker Guest

BTW - maybe this was one of you guys? I was killing bears on the NE point of Antonica last night, and my hawk had gotten ticked off and was fighting a bear and wolf with me. After I finished up, a ranger and a pred uncloaked next to me and asked me how I got the darn thing to attack. I didn't catch their names, but told him his must be broken - mine fights all the time. Heh. If that was one of you guys, I apologize. Funny at the time though.
  8. ARCHIVED-Blync Guest

Okay, I am a 22 Ranger...and I just saw a hawk for the first time yesterday. On a 20 Ranger. Sheesh. So, where might I find one? (It would be nice to have *something* to talk to out there in the wilds!)

Blync
  9. ARCHIVED-Kuladil Guest

In eldar grove from the trainer--near NQ zone. about 14 Silver
  10. ARCHIVED-TcK Guest

Can I get this hawk only as a ranger? I ask, cuz im still 18 pred, but I'd LOVE to get a hawk :) ANd can we name the thing?
  11. ARCHIVED-Kilgannon Guest

I agree, even simply tacking on an extra 20 ft to our Tracking radius would make it useful.
    Silly thing.