Othysis Muravian

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Toredorf, Jan 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Vormulac Guest

Ok so you wanna swap agro easy, no hate buff /shrug mob hits like a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] anyway. And killed it last night with 3 groups and no shaman. without the anti add strat. so whatever.
    There really isnt any progression it was a continuation of EoF, Woushi is unkillable atm due to gardner being bugged, Mayong contested.....give me a f'n break log more than 2 groups into MM and the zone has a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing heart attack. Avatars eh month tops, and the top ends will have em on farm. 3months expansion beat bugs allowing and what then?

Oh and the whole stun thing, it takes more skill when you dont care who gets stunned you just keep going. You adapt pending who is stunned. and also the OP said can you do this without DYING not agro swapping but DYING as in they were sac'n tanks to prone. which is as i stated previously immensly [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].

Vormulac Unsleep
    Guild Leader Shattered Moon
    Neriakithicor
  2. ARCHIVED-Naithik Guest

geez if raiding is all about calling people stupid and newbies because they don't use the strat you use, and trying to impress people by saying how l33t your guild is.. i think i should stop raiding -.-
    come on guys, if you don't like a strat, don't use it, but it doesn't make it wrong for others to use it. And there IS raid progression. EoF raids are harder than KoS. I don't see how you can say everything is too easy, when there are still mobs that haven't been killed.
  3. ARCHIVED-fleshspike Guest

I would agree that calling the alternative strats (the ones that dont require 20k DPS) weak is wrong. It's not like an exploit, IMO it's a real strategy that makes more sense than hoping she doesnt stun certain people. If someone was suggesting zerging the fight or doing something stupid then I could understand.

And I think what people complain about when they say there is a lack of progression is that either the mobs are beaten quickly after release, or the mobs are never beaten until sony nerfs them. I think people complain that its either too easy or impossible, and no development in between. For instance, some zones were cleared right after release, and then u have the avatars who [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] the whole raid. I'm not complaining, i'm just pointing out their POV. Kinda the same as matron before soe rewrote her script like a million times to make her beatable. Although tbh, if people are gonna get called weak (I hear it all the time) for not being able to kill Matron, this would suggest that it really isn't all THAT hard if youre willing to make fun of someone to not be able to beat it, and perhaps they dumbed it down a bit too much.
    Message Edited by fleshspike on 01-05-2007 01:37 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-MeridianR Guest

The biggest joke of all of this, is that Mistmoore Inner Sanctum named (which are stupid easy, so stupid easy that pickup raids could kill them first pull) will now start dropping set pieces. So the little bit of itemization that existed is shot.....

...and progression is NOT when you can't advance due to bugs, or lag stemming from an ability.....so no, there is barely any progression in this expansion.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nainitsuj Guest

LOL! That's precious. Thanks.
    Have you been in touch with a guild called Fated? They're on AB. They're your style of play.
  6. ARCHIVED-Grimm79 Guest

cumbaja guys cumbaja.... annnnd take a deep breath.... and exhale... why is there so much aggression if people have different opinions?
  7. ARCHIVED-Margen Guest

You got to love some of the posters here. Instead of trading information, making suggestions and being constructive. We get, only noobs will use that strategy, we do it the only way it should be done, Blah blah blah.
    We haven't beat this guy yet, but we have really only been in the zone a couple times. Been advancing some new members on some of the KOS zones/quest and took a break during the holidays due to that our guild is mostly adults, who have responsibilities during that time frame. We will eventually get the mob dead (trying it this weekend).
    The point is I think its much better to have a mob that is built for multiple strategies vs the standard one tank/massive dps that a couple of the poster seem to think is the only way. I personally like a multi-tank setup because it gives me a chance to step up and do my primary job vs the standard ... warrior tanks everyone else heals/dps.
    Having different strats to attack a mob is a plus to the game, it broadens raid makeup's and lets people try different things. Saying it should be only one way and saying any other way is broken or an exploit is immature and stupid.
    It takes a lot more skill to use a multi-tank setup vs one tank massive dps. That's the way 95pct of the raid encounters in this game are and it gets a bit boring.
    Remember arrogance isn't a virtue.
  8. ARCHIVED-Naithik Guest

Well considering there was a beta, and people had quite a long time to try the raid zones, and some were pretty much fully equiped from KoS, you ahd to expect them to be able to do some of the raids. As for those that are "impossible" give it a couple of weeks. When the raid will be equiped with the new class sets, i bet those "impossible" mobs won't be so impossible anymore. Of course some are simply bugged... but we're talking about a sony game, what did you expect :smileywink:
  9. ARCHIVED-Psykil Guest

I been playing EQ since beta EQ1 hardcore raiding since, My toon was made 1 month after release date, and My guild was made before that, and has been a raid guild since. If you were even worth a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] to the EQ community you would have know that already tho, and as far as your petty argument goes Gungo, you obviously miss the point and is probably a problem for you IRL and I dont have the time or effort to show you the light. Pinski already stated what issues are problematic and it was kind of my point to begin with. and as far as Othysis goes we only had 3 grps last night and [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is he easy as hell , you are right you dont need 2 grps, you could use 1 considering you dont even get any friggin perservers if you do it that way, try and tell me its not weaksauce.
    Message Edited by Psykil on 01-05-2007 10:42 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

Happy Holidays you miserable [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]s! :smileyvery-happy:
  11. ARCHIVED-Margen Guest

Some people really need to get back on there meds!
  12. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

The biggest joke of all of this, is that Mistmoore Inner Sanctum named (which are stupid easy, so stupid easy that pickup raids could kill them first pull) will now start dropping set pieces. So the little bit of itemization that existed is shot.....
    Looking at patch notes and being locked out til Teusday, I wonder does this mean they are adjusting TA and Mayong, Moving some of TA's stuff over to orange vamps, or turning MMIS into a labs-like armorpalooza?

TA seems whacky, drops at least 3 different types of set armor, I wonder if this is just ironing his loot table out?

Any case, EH is the easiest zone by far pre-boss. Making it the Disneyland of set armor would be bad.
  13. ARCHIVED-Choombatta Guest

Pretty impressive claim of being a hardcore raider since EQ1 beta.
    Impressive claim of being a hardcore raiding guild during the first month of EQ2s release also.

What were you hardcore raiding week 3 of EQ2s release? Varsoon?

Considering it was months after EQ1s release that any major raids even took place, makes one wonder how someone could have been a hardcore raider before that time?

/snicker

Pretty silly to see people arguing who has been a hardcore raider longer.
    Brings out some pretty outrageous claims.

Can we go as far back as Ultima Online for who is more hardcore?
    /snicker
  14. ARCHIVED-Resilius Guest

In response to the original question... you do not have to have people dying to avoid adds. Othysis is tankable by brawlers.. more efficiently by a bruiser b/c of the stoneskin abilities we get. Might still die but if you don't you simply "pass" the aggro to the second tank. I think we all know how brawlers "pass" aggro so I won't go into that. Anywho.... just an idea for you to mull on. We killed him the first time thru straight up dps and that worked well. Only problem we're facing now is the server lag which causes npcs/mobs to materialize on a delay. It is normally very easy to catch the healers as they spawn. With this going on they are at Othysis' side before they even materialize making it more difficult to pull out and kill before he heals. I do hope SoE fixes that issue soon. As for the dopplegangers... they aren't really an issue when they do spawn unless they've duplicated a key class. If you're dps is high enough you can basically ignore them. Also... about the aggro switching, there are three classes that now get an automatic "drag" ability on the mob which forces the mob to target a specific person. I've not tested it thoroughly but dirge, coercer, and bruiser all have this ability. Strategically placed in various fighter grps, this ability might come in handy here. Just an idea. :)

I don't know about everyone else but I am really enjoying this expansion and the variety involved in the many different encounters. Challenge is good. If we were completely soaring thru everything I would have to be a little disappointed.

See you all in game!

Resilius Slytheryn
    70 Bruiser - Unrest Server
    Enlightened Dark
  15. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Wow Your so full of crap and yourself. Since you have a tendency to make outragous and dumb claims. Back up the crap you are shoveling and kill him with 1 group. Since you obviously have NO CLUE how the encounter works. So please prove me wrong kill it with 1 group and show everyone here you are not just full of it.

Btw the preservers are a seperate emote and still spawn. They are timed. They just render slower now.

edit: btw since you tried it last night. Were you able to prevent the epic x2 adds or were you to dumb to figure it out. Somehow i figure you failed to prevent them from spawning. You don't seem terribly smart.
    Message Edited by Gungo on 01-05-2007 12:58 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-badmnky Guest

I dont' know about the dirge and bruiser abilities, but the coercer ability, Thought Snap, is not working as intended. It seems to force the mob to target anyone BUT a fighter.
  17. ARCHIVED-Psykil Guest

Actually it was easy to stop them from spawning, its probably one of the easiest things ever to do is switching agro between tanks, well if you know what you are doing anyhow, and how u set grp's and raids up, and for being terrribly stupid I somehow lead a guild that has remained on the WW scale for over 2 yrs go figure.
    who the hell are you again ? and why do I care?

You will notice people of the same stature are responding in the same manner, which is progression is horribly skewed, and ******* like yourself keep having to throw in your 2 bit info and jabs like you are someone that matters to me, let the big boys figure stuff out for you and hopefully SoE can get to it in time to clean up the bugs for you. kkthx

And yes last night 3 grps. we stopped around 4 from spawning than I got bored, tossed up open wounds and auto attacked for 500million DPS as I went afk to get something from the kicthen, when I came back I looted the chest and than we moved on and destroyed treyloth and Malkonis, it was a long grueling hour long zone, I was just happy we were able to get so many phat lewtzorz so we could progress further on PumPkINz Head!
  18. ARCHIVED-Giif Guest

Back to topic:

We mannaged the Agro-switshing Thing. Swaped Agro every 15 Seconds to be on Safe Side.
    We had lesser Adds, but we still had x2 Adds.
    We noticed 3 Events during the Fight:

- Prone to Corruption
    - Says "Come in Brothers" (Heroic Add spawns)
    - Says something about the spawning Adds (x2 Add spawns)

Between witch Events did we need to swap the Agro?

For us its just anoying to die every Time, best 2 Trys was the "burn him down" Strat (if Offtank or Maintank is stunned its over) and the "lets die" Strat (we had no Adds but its not a really good Strat).
    But i think intendet is Tank swap.
  19. ARCHIVED-Vormulac Guest

Actually (not in psykil's guild) but we did, Server first , Bloodskull valley (mobs conned yellow and orange) server firsted Ladon, same with cauldron hallow etc. there was stuff to kill even in the first few months of the game. As back in the day there was actually raid mobs for virtually all tiers past tier 2. So um yeah [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] pwned.

Vormulac Unsleep
    Guild Leader Shattered Moon
    Neriakithicor
  20. ARCHIVED-Choombatta Guest

Careful there Vorm.
    Don't forget I was a member of SM when you were learning Meeting of the Minds.
    Not a pretty sight.
    Cauldron Hollow, tanked it pretty easily very early on to be one of the early owners of a GB. Far cry from a hardcore raid zone.
    Ladon? He was grey to you and I upon release to game, not too hardcore to raid there either.
    Bloodskull valley? lol
    Not one of those took a dedicated, well geared raid force to accomplish.They were being done by PU raids from the beginning.
    I would think the Feerrott and Everfrost based raids were the first "hardcore" based raid zones, as they took a truley dedicated and well geared raid force to beat.
    And as I started with, I was a member of your guild in those days you were learning those zones.