Othysis Muravian Loot not random

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Mabes, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Mabes Guest

[p]Hey, I finally got to post something as this is driving my guild crazy, but we've been killing Othysis Muravian in Freethinkers for quite a while now, and looking through our dkp site which keeps track of what drops, we've killed him 8 times, and five of the 8 kills, he dropped the dirge class fabled set bracers. We haven't seen any other class fabled set, or dirge armor slot piece drop from him.[/p][p]After the 3rd and 4th dirge bracers, I figured it might just be real bad luck. But after five times, there's no way that could happen, unless his loot table percentage rates are screwed up.[/p][p]Anyone else notice certain mobs will repeatedly drop the same class and slot piece everytime you kill him? Could any devs look into this?[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

not had the bad luck some people are saying they are having with 5+ drops of the same class pieces but i do agree that there is something very wrong with the 'randomness' of the loot. doubt they will do anything but would be nice if they would atleast make it so that on chests where there are multiple items dropping that there aren't duplicates.
  3. ARCHIVED-EQAditu Guest

Ick, I was going to say maybe your server was hick upping, but I noticed you were on the same server I am. :roll: In that case, I guess I should mention the obvious that you're not the only guild going there... there being at least five guilds off the top of my head in Nek that probably kill her. (I don't actually follow other guilds much) We for instance have never gotten the same drop twice from her. I think what most people want to see when they say random is they want diverse/unique loot. That is certainly not what random means. Random can certainly mean the same thing five times in a row if you look at only a small and selective sampling. If you looked at everything that she has ever dropped on Nektulos it might look more random, and more still if you looked at world wide. If every guild on Nek was getting Dirge forearms, then maybe you would have a strong case. Instead of complaining about "randomness" it might be more interesting to suggest something of a per-server shuffle list. Since most people I see complain about randomness don't actually want randomness but a diverse sample. It might honestly only work as long as the server does not reboot, but have the loot order predetermined with one of each item on the table to be given out in order. Once the list has been consumed, it creates another unique shuffled list. To anyone that does not compile a list server or world wide of drop frequencies, this would seem more random even though it was not.
  4. ARCHIVED-jago quicksilver Guest

seen an obscene amount of Inquis bracers.
  5. ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus Guest

[p]Odd... we've seen 2x dirge and 2x inquis bracers too.[/p][p]Regardless, the entire EoF set system is a ridiculous throwback to EQ1 before the armor mold system was invented. The nameds don't have a 100% chance of a set piece drop, and then it's 1/24, so you could easily clear the zone 100 times and not get the drop you need. This means years of raiding.[/p][p]I have no problem with my progress being blocked by difficult encounters, or things I can work on a little bit each time I raid (like my dkp standing). When it's entirely down to the roll of a dice if it takes me one week or two years to get a full set of EoF gear, though, something is horribly broken.[/p][p]EoF sets need implementing via an armor mold system. Makes perfect sense, and would stop this ******** system that saw my alt get his third piece of set gear tonight (we've started letting people log alts at zone because so much gets wasted), whilst my main has yet to see any drop.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Vormulac Guest

gotten 2 x dirge, 1 x temp, 2 x fury, 1 x warden, 1 x troub, 3 forbidden rites, 1 braided veins umm think t hats what we got so far. It's just luck i think guys tbh we got 4 templar gaunts off malkonis but never in a row. /shrug its part of farming get used to it, you will get repeat items.