Othmir Faction

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

Just a gripe...

This is the the worst idea ever.

You have 20-30 priests trying to grind this faction.....the only repeatable quests are to kill X man of this and go back.

3 days now and my faction is only at 25k because there are so many people trying to do this....and at 200 per turn in?

Be realistic....add a crafting quest or increase the rep gain. It's bad enough turning these in one at a time for 200 faction...but when you have to wait 10-15minutes to get enough kills.

Simply idiotic.
    Merriel, DoomDrake and Meneltel like this.
  2. Kristabella Well-Known Member

This IS slow and tedious and a pita, but there is a 2nd quest, not for just the ones that spawn on the beach, there is a quest to go kick over barrels for 500xp, so round trip is 700 xp. It just a bit up the beach and farther inland in a cove, you should see his feather if you have it so you will see them. Hope that helps somewhat.
  3. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

There are actually 2 quests for 200 faction (iirc) and one for 500 faction that can all be done at the same time.

1 to kill mobs on the beach.
    1 to kill mobs in the giant area (couple different kill targets with this one)
    1 to knock barrels off the ramp up to kael

Yes it's frustrating and tedious but it is easily doable with multiple others doing faction. Either group up and run together or do the reverse order they are.

If it's that frustrating you can do GD othmir faction quests too. Note those are much much slower.
  4. Vokan Well-Known Member

I know its not ideal for everyone, but I have 3 accounts. 2 of them have conjurors on them. You can spec to have your Call come up every minute and do the barrel quest. Takes no time at all to get the faction that way.
  5. Ellah Active Member

If you're faction grinding and killing mobs, you can group up so that all get the update.

I did this for one of my faction grinds and it worked very well.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Othmir Faction was the worst of the faction grinds, no doubt. But it can be done.

Took me nearly 2 weeks with my available play time. On a daily basis, I suggest running your Tuptan Guard faction (20K needed) first, then grinding Othmir faction. Tuptan Guard faction was a bit borked for me as I could only run the dailies. The crafting faction was not available due to a bug...hope they fixed that.
  7. Arocles New Member

I'm dumb. Why do you need high faction with the Othmir?
  8. Cunning Member

You need Othmir to buy a bowl for the priest epic iirc. It is, as noted, quite tedious. The tupta faction is for the white dragon scale cloak HQ(again a requirement for priest epic) It can be raised buy just mass slaughter of certain mobs in moores.
  9. Vunder Well-Known Member

Ok with some help here and there I figured out a system that worked quite well.

Doing the entire othmir timeline gave me +- 12k faction.

Do the 3 quest ring to knock barrels, Kill 14 of w/e, and 12 fishmen with each circuit, that is 900 faction.

It is tedious, so, using the old PQ timers take a small break and go knock out the 2 PQ's in GD for the velium jewel, these sell for 500 faction and you get 4 if you are a member which is a 2k faction. (not much but it breaks up the boredom a bit and you get stuff to mute if you need it or aa exp if you need that too)

Doing it this way, took me another 3 hours to max faction.