Osteopia's remodeled vacant estate of unrest

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Housebroken, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Housebroken New Member

2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Are you going through Imgur or Photobucket? From what I hear, some third-party sites are being jerks about sharing with anyone else these days without a fee. :(

If you're trying to upload a screenshot directly, that won't work here, you have to go through a third-party site, like the two above or Facebook or www.DeviantArt.com (my personal fave, and the one I always use for this ;->). To post a screenshot here:

1. Publish your screenshot however way you want in your favorite third-party site, keeping in mind that while I know Facebook and DeviantArt don't charge (yet) for sharing, others do. When you publish it, you might want something in the comment line like "Everquest 2 is the property of Daybreak Games. All rights reserved." On DeviantArt, I publish under Fan Art->Digital Art->Other, which is another way of saying, "Nothing in here is mine, so don't panic, o lawyers."

2. What I do next in DeviantArt:

a. Right-click on your published image.

b. Look at the list of options you get there. Click on View Image.

c. You'll get a webpage of nothing else but a black background, your image, and the URL at the top (the computerese gobbledygook that tells you where you are, very specifically. This page's URL is something like: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ias-remodeled-vacant-estate-of-unrest.584898/ [don't click on that, it's just an example ;->]).

d. Go to the top where the URL of your Viewed Image is and highlight it completely. Then do Ctrl+C to Copy it.

e. Come back here and open a post, if you haven't already.

f. While in the open post, look for a little icon/button that looks like a landscape painting: little tree, ground, sky. It's next to a button/icon that looks like a film strip. Click on that button with the tree.

g. That will bring up the Insert Image window, with a blank command line space and two buttons (Insert and Cancel).

h. Ctrl+V to Paste the copied URL in the blank space and hit Insert.

i. Voila! You now have an inserted image, like in a Word document. :)

3. Not the best advice, perhaps, but there have been many, many, many people looking for advice on how to insert or display screenshots; just do a Search under any of those terms and you'll find better advice for the other third-party sites (and warnings about which sites to avoid, since they're being jerks now. I don't use them, so it's usually "out of sight, out of mind" with me. EDIT: Ah! Apparently, Photobucket's being a jerk; can't vouch for any others except DeviantArt and Facebook, which can have its own weirdness sometimes :-/)

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    who also struggled with this for more than a bit... :-/
    Febrith likes this.