Ossuary Contested Feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Malleria, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

Made our first foray into this zone today. Mix of 0-2 gemmed green and 4 gemmed blue armor, all AoM jewelry, average 130k resists.

Trash:
    -Has too much HP. Fighting through the groups of trash was extremely boring. Suggest lowering by 25%ish
    -Too densely packed in some areas. The north wing (Choir area) we were getting pulls of 8-15 trash at a time, cause they're practically sitting on top of each other.
    -Combine the two and we spent most of our time fighting large groups of trash with way too much HP but who couldn't hurt us (two healers, but still, tanks HP bar never moved with 15 mobs attacking him).

Byushin:
    Good fight, well balanced. I'm not a fan of the fast-casting spells that need to be interrupted, but he cast it so infrequently it wasn't a big deal. Only complaint about this guy is his add (Primordial Malice Initiate). This guy had as much HP as the named, if not more. After we killed Byushin we spent another few minutes just churning through this guys HP pool.
    The loot was very disappointing. He dropped a leather forearm with no gem slots and stats worse than a 0/4 green gem forearm. Sure we can put it on the broker, but it's still awful.

Ranz T'Ral (north wing):
    Again a good fight, once you figure out what to do. Again with the pop up text that isn't mirrored in the chat window, which it really ought to be given how serious that fail condition can be.
    The loot was again very disappointing. Chain leggings with no gem slots and stats worse than 0/4 green gem leggings. Again, broker fodder.

We then spent 20min clearing the trash to reach the Inquisitor, only to find him a x2. Looked for a way up to the balcony in that section (north wing) and couldn't find any stairs. So we turned around, killed the trash that had respawned (wasting more time), and found Byushin up again. At that point we just left. Long trash clears for mute/broker fodder loot is not worth the time it would take to fully explore the zone. :(
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I've found the trash in the East wing appears to have less HP than all the rest oddly.

Trash - Lowering HP on all bases population by 25% would make the zone a lot more enjoyable.

I still think there are a few other things which could change on nameds;
    • Increasing the base cast of Carrion Plague by 0.5s would make the zone a lot more bearable for PUGs, or groups without instinctive reactions.
    • Mobs with 'Blessings' shouldn't be able to use their lethal attacks during this stage. Although it does amuse me to see a chanter try interrupt Carrion Plague during this stage, and go splat
    • Same as above, but instead of blessings, read Jousting mechanics.
    Shinies - One or two often pop on the balcony in the North room, not entirely sure how to get up there (If you even can).

Loot - The armor in here that drops is worthless. Nobody will ever buy it. Would much rather see the chance of Cyan Adorns go up, and this armor go down. Or heck, let purple adorns drop there (Superior) or War Runes.
    Spira and Malleria like this.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure now that there isn't a way up to the balcony in the north wing. Went back in with my bruiser to look around and there's just no way up. And yea, there's a couple shinies I could track up there.
  4. Vapur Member

Mobs were fighting each other after the knockback pulled them both. They weren't grayed out after we died, so ... we let them smack each other and steal the kills for the loot.

[IMG]
    Malleria likes this.
  5. Jodiph Active Member

Random normal named in east wing casts a 50mil nuke on a 6s cooldown, uninterruptable, cool.

http://i.imgur.com/h0c2jqQ.png

Some of the awesome loot we got from the first 2 named.

[IMG]
  6. Jrel Well-Known Member

The loot in the zone is not worth getting, for the work, is our assessment as well; except for a cyan drop.
  7. Kander Developer

Thanks for the good feedback, we will look at the HP situation. We'll look at the loot.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  8. Kander Developer

Basically, it is wrong. There really is not any excuse. It is being corrected.

For the December 16th, we should have HP 20 to 25% reduced overall for trash and bosses and the loot is being corrected.
    jimmyfrank, Crychtonn, Spira and 3 others like this.
  9. ColorsFade Active Member

Nice to see you guys are working on it.
    jimmyfrank likes this.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Weapons from the trash seem about right balance wise. Still not seen a scout 4s weapon though.
    Cyan Adorns - Still very rare, but guessing this is intended, as realistically people only need 3 ever.
    Jewelery - It's a bit hit and miss. The procs are a tier below the similar items in Ossuary/Highhold zones.
    Armour - Make it fabled so I can at least get some mana? :D

Glad to see trash change though.
  11. Nindakin Member

This would be a good zone to add new green adorns to, whether they be the same ones dropping from raid trash or new lesser versions.
  12. Kander Developer

For Tuesday, December 16th:
    • Ossuary of Malevolence [Contested]: Overall hit point values have been reduced by 20% to 25% for base population and bosses.
    • Drops from Ossuary of Malevolence [Contested] have been upgraded to bring them into line with zone difficulty.
      Several loot drops have been moved to more accurately reflect zone progression difficulty.
    Gnomad_Madgon, Spira and Diveris like this.
  13. ColorsFade Active Member

I really get the feeling the changes over the next couple of weeks are going to help AoM heroic zones a lot.

I sure hope so anyway.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

I'll be back in there Tuesday night then ☺ (group permitting of course)
  15. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Looking forward to running it next week! Perhaps add heroic tier of green adornments to this zone as well?
  16. Rarrum Active Member

Another thing I noticed is the new cyan adorns are level 96, so they can't be used on the ToV ethereal weapons.

Maybe that's intentional... maybe not... but there are very few AoM weapons in circulation right now that could actually accept the new cyan adorns. And the new mythical 2h is worse (potency/crit bonus/number of white slots) than the ToV ethereal, so there's no real motivation to actually move to the new weapon if you don't care about autoattack damage.
  17. Jrel Well-Known Member

Just did this zone tonight.

Jewelry loot from this zone still needs improvement. It should be on a level equal with the hard T3 zones. Either that or the procs aren't as good. It is also possible we got the bad end of the weighted loot tables, but if there is a bad end, why put them in this zone?

The armor drops should be equivalent to green armor with gem slots. The weapon drops seem fine. The zone is not worth doing currently for the jewelry that we saw, and definitely not the armor. I think we had 3 Exquisite chests and the rest were ornate. Our group doing this zone was primarily in blue gear (3-4 gems) with 1-2 pieces of green armor (0 to 2 gems), and some were in old Energized armor with a few pieces of Mystical..

We killed 10 names, but no cyan adornment drops.

The add on Byushin (the Primordial Malice Initiate) has more health, and takes almost 2 min longer to kill than Byushin.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

To agree with Jrel -

Armour - While its nice it being tradeable, without any slots it makes it kind of moot. Kind of like the HKC armour was. At least its now fabled so chance of mana.
    Jewelery - Lots of the items in here are really horrible, like I dont even know why they exist really. Some Examples - Singular Focus neck, All the Charms like this one. And many more.
    Weapons - Can we please please please, stop making items with 2s Delay? A tank dagger with 2s delay? Just why. A priest/Mage 2hander with a 2s delay? Why.

On the Mobs -
    Trash seems more bearable.
    Nameds - I still think Carrion Plague needs 0.5s adding to its base cast time to make the zone viable to PUG's.
  19. Stylish Active Member

Agree on the Carrion Plague casting time. We ran it last night and while doable, only so many stoneskins to go around and its hard to catch (for me anyway). Named reached zero hit points but was sloppy for the most part.
  20. Abasinolanam Active Member

We ran it last night for a few hours, killed 11 names and here's feedback post-patch, in order of importance.

Ostiophobe: This name is not in line with any others in the zone. While most names did 200-400k DPS against our tank, Ostiophobe did 1.2 million DPS. Toxic Ruin is casting every 6-7 seconds, is not interruptable and it does 6 million single hit on the tank, with 50 million crits. We won the encounter but it was an ugly zergfest. Is this broken or is it meant to be like that?

Blood elementals in Rancor Cruor's area ended up fighting each other after a bad pull and FD'ing. We evac'ed and continued to be in combat even after evac. After zoning out and back in we were not longer in combat, but some time later we were in combat again for no reason. Eventually I think they killed each other and the combat problem went away.

Loot: We really appreciated the changes in loot, especially weapons. In 11 names we got one cyan adorn, so I'm guessing something like a 5% chance to drop. Does that sound right? A few of the items we got were truly trash, literally worse than MC, but I guess that's to be expected. Some of the armor was very decent, even if not upgradeable, so no complaints there. What I really would like to see is green adorns dropping from the trash mobs, though. If you were not raiding last expansion you have no good options for obtaining a decent green adorn. We're seeing only 1-2 adorns per 9 hours of raiding a week. At this rate it'll be close to 12 months before we even get our entire raid team a new adorn, not to mention starting to level it. It would be great to have a group version to tie us over.

Carrion Plague: As an enchanter I can interrupt pretty much every single time because we have what I think may be the best interrupt in the game. But I wonder how a group without an enchanter would do it. I hate to call for a nerf because in reality it did not prevent us from succeeding all night but our group was 160k+ resists and all having some raid gear.

Trash HP's seemed to be appropriate.

Thanks for all the changes. We had a good time and it seemed worthwhile.
    Kraeref and Jodiph like this.
  21. volume Member

What is the deal with Carrion Plague?

According to the description it says "a melee attack that reduces weapon damage and stuns. Every 3 seconds will do extreme damage to mana. This don't seem to be the case as it kills the target each time casted.

The only way to stop this is by death save, stone skin, or interrupt (which isn't possible half the time its casted way to fast) ?