Open World PvP Idea, I promise, it will work

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-latesttoon, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-latesttoon Guest

NEED OPEN WORLD PVP.. THE SERVER WILL NOT LAST LONG IF NOT.
    Please just listen .. i did post this in a few threads over the "years".

1. Random Mob spawns in RoK zones... "The giant anaconda spawns in Kunzar Jungle"... red message server wide...
    this happens every 2 hours in random RoK zones (out of sync of the WF).. the mob is x2 (killable by a good group but has Massive amounts of HP, would take take 10mins to kill.. if attacked with an x4 you will get no loot.
    it will drop say 250 tokens to each person, and also have a chance of droping fabled loot.. even PVP T3 armour... but a very rare chance (and should be smart loot obviuosly).
    2. There should be random spawns of Heroic mobs across all RoK zones.. these (although heroic) should be possible to kill with a well geared toon solo, or with a "noob" group... this will promote solo PvP and bring back "roaming" for PvP in both solo and group. This mob will drop something like 50 tokens. It should be a rare spawn and not in a fixed place.. it should also path the zone.
    3. Although i don't think this is neccesary to make PvP as it was.. every few hours (6?) an x4 could spawn in a random zone.. killable by a very good x2, but with no hard strats, just massive amounts of HP so it takes a long time to kill. this should give a server wide message also.. it should drop T3 loot and give lots of tokens.

4. WF should give 300+ Tokens for a win, 150 every 2 hours???? is not enough... we don't even bother doing it.. it's like going to work for less than minimum wage :)

This will bring open world PVP, and also groups and solo's will roam zones incase the mob spawns in the zone they are in.. then they will have a faster chance at killing it...

i honestly believe this will work.. roaming openworld pvp was what made PvP in EQ2 the best out of any game...

also I would like to add:
    The lvl 43 fear items that proc Fright (long duration fear) need to be restricted so they dont work on lvl 74+.. currently it says the resistability increases over 74 (or 73 not sure), but due to resists not working (which is good i might add) the items proc. There was no point removing the fear buff from guild halls if this gear works.
    Along with the "Choke" items (6sec stifle in pvp)
  2. ARCHIVED-latesttoon Guest

p.s.

i would just like to point out that the balance in the game (pvp update) is pretty much perfect..
    this was the first step to fixing PvP...
    now.. for bringing open world roaming PvP back?

lets go, step 2
  3. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

I agree more contesteds worth killing would encourage open world pvp but those contesteds should not be dropping tokens. Thye should be dropping gear people want/or would use based on the effort of the mob killed. Maybe an updated overland version of Gwartha's Hoop or something with other desirable procs and/or a new semi rare- very rare pvp adornment that adds a pvp desirable proc.
    Scouts are always screaming for taunt immunty so maybe something that procs a 3-5 sec taunt immunity 1x/ min.
    Tanks are partial to wards/heals etc.
    Less tokens for pve effort though imo.
  4. ARCHIVED-latesttoon Guest

Hi,
    i think we need to stay away from CC/Immunity procs in pvp.. the classes themselves have enough abilities and having "special" gear that only some people have is going to be OP or add too much randomness and less skill (which is what the last pvp update was focused on).. but.. 3-5sec taunt immune 1/min does sound do-able so i agree with that... one other problem with dropping special adorns is PVE players will complain in BGs... but it's still a good idea imo
    i think dropping tokens is ok.. but it should only match in total the amount of tokens you could get from grinding BGs none stop.. and thats assuming you killed all of these heroic mobs and raid mobs that i'm talking about. You wouldn't be able to farm them easily to gear yourself out as other people would be hunting them.. it will encourage PvP type people to go looking for them.. if they dropped gear that no one would use in both pvp or pve, no one is going to kill them.
    The Heroic mobs would be very rare spawns.
    the amount of tokens i proposed is still pretty negligible... but a really rare chance of dropping a T3 piece, or even T2 should be available too (from the raid versions).
    p.s. rare chance of dropping masters could work too
  5. ARCHIVED-Blergh Guest

I'd much, much rather see them update the old charms for pvp rather than reintroduce any kind of proc cc immunity items to pvp. Maybe introduce an agi version of the runed victim's skull for scouts for instance, and slightly lower the reuse time (think its 5 minutes atm, which is a little on the long side).

I'd also like to see the old focus adornments put back on the merchants - focus: force of mind, focus: force of will etc - they are far from game breaking and its tedious to have to put on an old piece of gear just to use the adorn again.

The level 43 fear / choke items definitely need addressing asap though.
  6. ARCHIVED-latesttoon Guest

Hi Delethin,
    now that CC has been nerfed, mez only lasts 10seconds, stifles last 2 or so seconds and same with stuns.. I think they should remove that item completely.. atm a good chanter is going to have no chance against someone like you because his class defining spell "mez" isn't going to work.. and by the time he can cast it again (when you are no longer immune to mez), you'd have cut him open.
    But, if you didn't have the item, you still have a fair chance of killing them, and probaly would still kill him even if it was one of the best PvP chanters in game, as you are top of your class. It would be a fair fight.
    What clickable items does a chanter get to stop your class defining abilities.. maybe if he had an item that disarms you for 8 seconds? :D

they do need to remove the fear/choke items.
  7. ARCHIVED-Blergh Guest

latesttoon wrote:
    Illusionists are actually really hard for me, i've had a few nightmare fights with exur who can cycle through all the different stuff to grim effect. On that note, even if I used it to break mez he could still stun me or detarget. The skull does help a lot though. I have killed exur without it but it was horrifically close and probably needed a large slice of good fortune on my part.

Oh, and as for the item that disarms me for 8 seconds, illusionists kind of do - that pet stifle is highly problematic.
  8. ARCHIVED-latesttoon Guest

Delethen@Mistmoore wrote:
    yes, exur is one of the best active pvp chanters in game.. so a fair matchup without the mez cure.. the stifles only last a couple of seconds and stuns/roots are all nerfed too... now that an illusionists time warp is not working also, it's even harder... also you can use signets which last for 1min to 1.5min immune to stifle/stun/root..
    edit: of course freedom of mind / action pots can be used, and you can even mez him too as soon as his mez breaks, so you can cure a detriment or 3
    you can stun him, and detarget him more than he can detarget you.. except he's squishy and his spells aren't as fast as CAs.
    The Rune Victim Skull was one of the items that destroyed the game for enchanters + the temporary pvp items that make you immune to mez for a few seconds + the item that procced immunity to control effects for 10 seconds. Signets have always been a pain for lots of classes too.
    The worst part is CC have been extremely nerfed yet these items still exist.
    BG PvP is not the same as openworld though, you should transfer to nagafen before the expansion
  9. ARCHIVED-Balrok Guest

The Rune Victim Skull.... I'm over it actually. Leave it in game and as is. I'm OK with it being a choice with a stat loss. Upgrade it so everyone has one again and that would totally blow.
    On the flip side, that item forced me to revamp my playstyle and I'm better for it. I never really thought I relied on mez so much till they took it away. I see Mez as an interupt now or a way to help me stretch a field out. Illys have an ungodly amount of temps. I think it would surprise most people to know that even a full 10 second mez is not enough time to fully temp up as an illy.
    And btw.... I BG in hopes of seeing people like Vaco and Delethen on the other team. It's fun to die when you have great fights and amazing when you pull a win off against them. People follow good players around, which makes the task of killing them that much more entertaining.
    There are only 3-4 Illy's that actually BG/PvP anyway, so whatever.
  10. ARCHIVED-AtlantisCalz Guest

Be completely honest with yourself, if the playerbase does not change the way it thinks, you'll never have pvp. These players now are every once in a blue moons players, some how it got stuck in people's head that Wf's,Bg's, and a group is the only way to get out of a guild hall and pvp. during those time periods if people would actually go out into the open, you would have a happier player base. People would still complain but at least there would be targets.

PvP as a system was a simple fix from the get go, called get rid of crit bonus and potency unless it is on a proc or buff someone has and put crit back at 100% instead of random damage this idea they threw out is one minute hit for medium damage the next crit hit is insane.