Open Beta?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tearel, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Tearel New Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering if the devs were considering opening the beta to every one at one point or the other. I played EQ2 from classic till about EoF and would love to test out the game/provide feedback, but seeing the many complaints on forums, am weary to subscribe for longer than 1 month.

With that said, I 100% plan to do a multiple month sub at release, as well as several of my friends/family, but why should we have to pay for the beta?

So many people are willing to provide valuable feedback, but charging for the beta when it's not anywhere near it's final/polished state doesn't make sense.

Thank you devs for giving us a dream come true: an EQ2 progression server; but seriously, let us test it out and give you feedback to make the perfect server. Only then, in my opinion, should you charge us for the monthly sub.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

They have stated that you must be subbed to participate in any way with these new servers. It's becoming the norm to pay for beta participation/ early access for many games these days. :D
    Nicodemius likes this.
  3. Kahonen Active Member

I remember the good old days when people were paid to test software. Now you have to pay to test it!
    Feldon and Kalderon like this.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Yeah me too, at the same time, i think, damn im old :rolleyes::D
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

The TLE servers are for subscribers only, I suppose since the beta's are locked to subscriber only, it's the feedback from subscribers that they want on them. When they go back to normal campaign/expansion or whatever it is beta, then it will be back to everybody's beta as usual.

Sub was required for all the Eq1 TL servers so I guess they saw no reason to do it any differently here.
  6. Nicodemius Member

Paying for the sub is like 50 cents a day if you pay monthly ... honestly, I don't get people that actively play this game - enjoy it - and don't want to support it. Wtf is that?

Anyway, I'm glad they are capping the login to sub-members b/c there's already a que at 5:31 AM :D
    Charlice likes this.