Opalescent Prowler... not opalescent?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

I don't mean to pick, I mean, it was free and all.. but why was the opalescent prowler named that if it simply isn't opalescent?

Opalescent- adjective. 1. exhibiting a play of colors like that of the opal. 2. having a milky iridescence.

I was kind of hoping that the pic didn't do it justice, but getting into game and seeing it, there's no play of color or iridescence or anything. It just looks like light colored rock. How come?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Noticed this too. In the picture, it appears more blue / shiny :
    [IMG]
    Also, do I spy the Nvidia symbol on its leg?
  3. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Lizabethan wrote:
    Yes that is the Nvidia symbol it matches precisely so no mistake there.
  4. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Y'know.. if they would take the effect from the red and blue misty tiles and put it in the inset parts of the cat.. that would look kind of opalescent...
  5. ARCHIVED-Resstful Guest

General_Info wrote:
    Really? A freeform vertical elongated spiral on the shoulder of a muscular animal to emphasize motion and strength is a precise match to a horizontal exactly measured pseudo 3D flat elongated spiral?
    The stoniness of the mount reminds me of PTerry's golems. Perhaps Norrath's answer to the golem horses?
  6. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Resstful wrote:
    I cant tell wether you are trying to be funny or trying to be a troll.
    I dont know the probablity of a company logo ending up on a game mount by coincendence is, what i do know is it is more probable that this was intentional.