Oops, just realized one bad thing about berserkers...

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Hurdoc, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Hurdoc Guest

I am only a warrior at the moment and have never played a Berserker but looking at the skill list made me realize one thing:

We have a lot of skills that do AOE melee attacks either directly or as a reaction to being hit, etc.

Isn't that a BAD thing... given that most efficient groups (as far as I know from EQ1, DAOC, etc) use crowd control such as mesmerize?

Isn't a fighter type that dishes out damage to a single target better in most situations?

Then again, I guess we don't have to use those AOE skills.... but they seem like so much fun :smileysad:

Sorry, just noticed that Theyne gave a reply to this in "How true is this do you think?". Still, any additional comments would be nice!
    Message Edited by Hurdoc on 11-15-2004 01:44 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Well if you have crowd control then sure you don't want to use your AoE skills or else make sure the Chanter knows not to Mez linked group mobs and only mez ones that aren't linked. In most cases if your fighting a group of linked mobs then its really going to be easy to fight without having to mez them. I have not had any troubles this go around with fighting against linked mobs. Only problems we have had is when we get spawned on or a roamer agros onto someone in group. In that case you'd definately want a Mezer, but really ATM I only have 2 AoE skills. Blood Rage (which is one that when you turn it on you lose like 200hp and have a chance to AoE a few times before it goes off) and Furious Onslaught which is a PBAoE that can give me a chance to Berserk also.

Really I've not ever had any problems being in a group with a Chanter (the like 2-3 times I've been with one), its just playing smart and knowing what skills to use at certain times.