OOC- Question on Frogloks.

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Shindoku90, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Shindoku90 New Member

Hello there. I'm a returning veteran to EQ2. I am also a role player ; however, I decided I want to play a Froglok Beastlord. Is it possible for a froglok to be evil and follow Innoruuk instead of Mithaniel Marr?

P.S; sorry if its a stupid question. I tried to find lore on this, but turned up nothing.
  2. Brienae Active Member

The Beastlord is a neutral class so it can either be good or evil, however the Froglok is a good only race because of this I doubt you will find game lore on the subject. While you can not start out evil you can betray your Froglok.
    I believe the minimum level to betray is level 10.
  3. Shindoku90 New Member

Thank you for your response! :)

And yes, I did see the beastlord is neutral/frogloks are by default good, though I was wondering if it would be... too out of the ordinary, if that makes sense. I'd want to try keeping to lore as much as I can. (As in, I know the game mechanics allow anything, but would it make sense in lore?)

I did find this on EQ1: https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50026 I was thinking I COULD go this route, however I wasn't sure if EQ1's lore would still be relevant in EQ2. --Mind you, I'm not new to RP, just new to EQ lore in general. ^^;
  4. Brienae Active Member

My understanding is that EQ2 and EQ are taking place in parallel worlds so the lore for one doesn't always mesh in the other. I have seen places where you fight Frogloks so evil Frogloks are not out of the question also the betrayal line seems to give some lore as to why you would be making this decision.
  5. Shindoku90 New Member

Aha, okay. :) Thank you very much! I'm still debating, but the info definitely helped. :3 All I found on Frogloks were 'they are devout followers of Mithaniel Marr, etc, etc.' I was like: ...Urgh. No room for outcasts? x.x; I'll be looking into the betrayal questline.